Monday 28 November 2022

Some People Are Worth Melting For


At Kate Hadfield Designs there are so many fabulous sets it is really easy to get inspired to use them. There are digital stamps which you can colour, coloured versions you can scrapbook or make into digital layouts. Papers, patterned overlays and doodles galore. No matter what your skill level there are so many goodies to play with.


Kate has designed two new sets for Christmas. Jingle Toppers is a set I asked Kate to design as I really enjoyed working with the Halloween ones as bag toppers and thought it would make great gifts for Christmas treats. Each set comes as either a pre-coloured Doodle, black line art to colour yourself or a specially priced bundle with both sets together.


I wanted to use the Snowman image so started with that as I my base. I love the spotty paper from Merry and Bright. The colours are bold and cheerful and suit the character really well. When planning out my printing I always make a template the size of the finished card so I can play with dimensions and sizing the different elements.


I added a red rectangle from the Jingle All The Way Papers. I added a black border as this made it stand out from the spotty paper better.


I then added Mr Snowman and sized up. Kate's images are perfect for this as they are really high quality and do not degrade when made larger. Many digital stamps and images are not as clear and when enlarged they lose a lot of the crisp sharpness. I have used Kate's quite large on some projects and can vouch for the quality.

I had seen this quote on Love SVG's site. This is a fantastic resource for free files you can download if you become a member. They come in lots of different formats so you can use as cut files, digital projects and things like T shirt printing. I just use them as a digistamp. It is definitely worth checking out. 

I particularly like the quote as Olaf says it in Frozen and I love Olaf. I made a box for the quote to sit in and then by moving it into position it then looks like the snowman is holding a banner. 

Once printed and mounted onto the white card blank it was simply a case of adding some Christmas sparkle to his outfit with red, green & clear Stickles glitter glue.

Over at Kate Hadfield Designs there is lots going on. Kate is really generous with her freebies which are readily available. If you sign up to the newsletter you get access to an extra subscriber area the Doodle Den where there are loads more freebies. There is a gallery full of projects by the Creative Team and customers and so much inspiration for crafters and teachers. I would highly recommend you pop over there and join in the fun.


Card Details -


Size - A5

Digital Image - Jingle Toppers (Kate Hadfield Designs)

Digital Papers - Merry & Bright (Kate Hadfield Designs)

Digital Sentiment - Some People Are Worth Melting For (Love SVG)

Embellishments - Stickles Glitter Glue



I would like to enter this card into the following challenge


1 comment:

  1. Love it Mandy! Cute idea to have the snowman holding up a sign... fabulous sentiment too. The paper is so colourful and lovely, perfect for Christmas!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou very much for taking the time to visit my blog and your comment. I really appreciate each and every one :)


If you are in the EU to comply with GDPR regulations please be aware that your comment and details will be visible to anyone who visits my blog. I do not collect your personal information in any way.