Monday 28 November 2022

Christmas Pudding


At Kate Hadfield Designs there are so many fabulous sets it is really easy to get inspired to use them. There are digital stamps which you can colour, coloured versions you can scrapbook or make into digital layouts. Papers, patterned overlays and doodles galore. No matter what your skill level there are so many goodies to play with. 


Kate has designed two new sets for Christmas. Jolly Holly is a Kawaii style with cute characters and lots of smiley faces. Totally up my street and so much fun to work with. Each sets comes as either a pre-coloured Doodle, black line art to colour yourself or a specially priced bundle with both sets together.


This card has been made with the Christmas Pudding from the Doodles pack.

This card has been made using a sketch from Kendra's Card Challenge. This is the first time I am taking part in such a project. Every quarter Kendra provides a PDF which has a cutting plan for several cards using 6 sheets of 6"x6" paper. This time there are 17 card sketches for A2 size cards which are slightly smaller than the A6 cards we would normally make as a small card in the UK. This layout is sketch 8


The card base already made following the sketch I was able to quickly put this together. I had printed several of the characters on a sheet to make use of the relevant sketches and layouts. The planning and measuring probably took more time than actually making the card.

The special colour laser printer paper I use is not very thick so I find it is best to add the printed image to a scrap of card to make it more robust. This is especially important when it will be mounted on foam pads. I cut the shapes out with tiny scissors and leave a thin border. I love fiddly cutting so this is right up my street.

I thought the circular element would be perfect for the smiley pudding. It is embellished with Stickles glitter glue and some red berry gems. Apologies for the dark photo but it was the best way to show the sparkle and the weather in the UK has been so bad these last few days. the rain has been horrendous...

Finally I added a foiled sentiment and decorated it with a couple of gems.

Card Details -


Size - A2

Digital Image - Jolly Holly Doodles (Kate Hadfield Designs)

Designer Papers - Christmas Basic Style & Merry Christmas Traditional, Merry Christmas Vintage, Vintage Christmas Brights (Craft Sensations)

Embellishments - Gems, Stickles Glitter glue


1 comment:

  1. I love the design Mandy, it was a great sketch to follow and you did a wonderful job with it. The Christmas pudding is super cute with that sweet little smile and the touch of glitter, and you've chosen fantastic papers to mix and match.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou very much for taking the time to visit my blog and your comment. I really appreciate each and every one :)


If you are in the EU to comply with GDPR regulations please be aware that your comment and details will be visible to anyone who visits my blog. I do not collect your personal information in any way.