This is the card I have made for my Mother in Law as today is Mother’s Day in the UK.
I was a bit close to the wire as I finished it this morning !
I started with a Sizzix Framelits die cut Blossom Frames.
This is what it looks like when you have cut it. I bought it in the sale on the Sizzix site as I thought would look pretty if it was layered and decorated with a bit of bling.
I cut it from strong card and used my Promarkers and Flexmarkers to colour them in. If I am being honest I totally underestimated how long it would take to colour and create the different layers.
I added Stickles glue to some flowers, gems, pears and the big flower centres are from a decorative trim that was in the bridal section of the Range.
The sentiment is Female Occasions Sizzix Thinlits die set. The leaves are from a Funky Floral #2 set and the butterfly is a 3 part die from the Die and stamp combo Let’s Celebrate. I love how ornate it is and it cut perfectly.
The card layout was inspired by the current sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday which I rotated to fit the oval frame.
Both the papers are handmade mulberry paper which have got floral inclusions in them which was inspired by a challenge at Outlawz group. I am sure there are many crafters who have had some in our stash for years and not used it for a long while….
Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card size – 8 x 8”
Paper – Handmade Mulberry paper
Sentiment – Female Occasions die set Sizzix
Tools – Promarkers & Flexmarkers, Sizzlits Let’s Celebrate dies, Sizzix Framelits Blossom Frame, Funky Floral #2
Techniques – Die cutting
Embellishments - Stickles glitter glue, pearls, gems, hearts, trim from The Range
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- 613 Avenue Create – #219 Anything Goes
- A Gem of A Challenge - #6 Anything Goes
- As You Like It - Fave Colouring medium Promarkers (Why lots of colours, blend nicely not streaky, reasonable price so could but the full set over time)
- Cardz 4 Galz - #93 Flora or Fauna
- CCC Digi Creations - #101 For The Girls
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #12 Anything Goes
- Crafty Gals Corner - #188 Spring (flowers)
- Creativ Fusion Arts & Craft - #10 Spring (Yellow, Green, Butterfly, Oval, Glitter)
- Creative Craft Cottage - #116 Spring Fever
- Die Cut Divas - Anything Goes
- Get Creative - #78 Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #90 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #32 Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Outlawz Crash Your Stash - Handmade Mulberry Paper
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies - #1912 Anything Goes
- Scrapper’s Delight – Anything Goes
- Sweet Sketch Wednesday - #156 Card Layout
- The Creative Crafters - #14 Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #380-381 Anything Goes