I have used the image Girl Floating with Balloons and coloured with Promarkers. I selected the coloured background which is actually the inside of a birthday card which I have rescued/recycled. I chose colours from this to colour the balloons in. I added a snippet of striped paper from a K & Company pad and matted this onto a scrap of silver cardstock.
I used pencils to colour the sky over the top of a pale blue Promarker. I find the pencil adds a more swirly textured effect on top. The clouds are a stencil which came with issue 29 of Crafter's Inspiration from Crafter's Companion. I tried colouring with white pencil and it was too pale so outlined in a mid grey, then blended a lighted grey. I used a white Pentel paint marker and added a swirly effect to the clouds. If I am honest I had no idea if it would work but it has added so much depth and texture and is shiny IRL. I am very happy with my experiment.
I matted the image onto some silver holographic card. I love how the colourful balloons have reflected in the card which was an unexpected bonus. Finally I added a die cut sentiment from Craftwork Cards.
Card Details -
Size - 6” Square Scalloped Edge
Paper - Spotty one has been recycled from a card, stripe is a snippet from Super K Studio K by K & Company
Colouring Medium - Promarkers, Arteza Expert pencils, White gel pen, Pentel white paint pen
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create - #7 Anything Goes
- Addicted to Stamps and More - #410 Die Cuts and/or Stencils
- Always Fun Challenges - #224 Stencils
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #29 Anything Goes with Colouring
- Cupcake Inspirations - #524 Balloons
- Happy Little Stampers Stencils - Anything Goes with a Stencil
- House That Stamps Built - #J721 Stencilling
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies - #2130 Anything Goes
- Pixie's Snippets Playground - #408 background paper is the inside of a recycled card, Striped paper and silver cardstock are snippets
- QKR Stampede - #424 Anything Goes