Over at Kate Hadfield Designs there is lots going on. Kate is really generous with her freebies which are readily available. If you sign up to the newsletter you get access to an extra subscriber area the Doodle Den where there are loads more freebies.
A new freebie has been released called I'll Be There For You which has 2 papers, 3 flower ensembles and 2 leaves. It's a lovely little pack which can be used on it's own or easily incorporated with any other digital elements.
I'd seen there were a load of free scrapbook page templates in the Doodle Den and this Blocked and Squared really jumped out at me as I love geometric shapes and it inspired me to make a digital layout using this kit.
I use a program called Affinity Designer on the Mac. I find it easy to use when creating multi layer projects like this. In this 'card' there are 34 layers
I started out with the teal paper as the background and added a layer of white as a border. I then used the layout and added the squares in the 2 papers.
I added the flowers and leaves, sizing up or down as required for each square.
As a final touch I added a text sentiment using an already installed font Zapfino.
There are oodles of freebies. Simply sign up to the Newsletter in the Doodle Den and you will be given access to so many resources. There is a gallery full of projects by the Creative Team and customers and so much inspiration for crafter and teachers. I would highly recommend you pop over there and join in the fun.
Digital Card Details -
Size - 6” x 6”
Font - Zapfino
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create - #3 Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #3 Anything Goes
- A Place to Start - #3 Pick a Shape (squares, lots of squares)
- Classic Design Challenge - #3 Anything Goes
- Digi Choosday - #11 Anything Goes
- Dream Valley Challenges - #244 Anything Goes
- Path of Positivity - #89 Anything Positive & Inspirational
- Polkadoodles - #12 Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Time Out Challenges - #183 Different (1st time I have made a digital card using a scrapbooking page layout)