Imagine That Digistamp have a Progressive Challenge each month.
If you completed a card using the Digi of the Month you automatically get the following month emailed to you. If not you can purchase that stamp for a reduced price.
The set we have been given to play with for March is Honey Bear. You get papers, images and sentiments which can be easily mixed and matched with other projects.
The starting point for me was the hexagon shape. I have a set of Torn Edge Hexagon dies that I have never used before from a mystery bag at Crafter's Companion which I thought would work well with this set.
I printed the coloured bear image on glossy photo paper. Kris' images are really colourful and I find the photo paper really brings out the vibrancy. I enlarged one of the bees in the image to use as an embellishment and also printed out a strip of the hexagon paper.
I used the largest of the dies to cut the image out and then made a slightly larger one from brown card which was trimmed with deckle edge scissors (remember using them all the time in the old days?) I added some sparkle around the edge with the clear glitter overlay pen from Spectrum Noir.
I used an A4 sheet of kraft card for the base and added the image panel to it. The stripe of yellow paper was matted onto a strip of the brown card. I then used a small die to cut the bee, matted onto more brown card and popped up using foam pads. The foiled sentiment (which was awful to photograph!) is from Kanban.
As a final touch I used some gold glitter glue on the flower centre and some REALLY old Stickopotamus bee stickers.
This is the perfect card to thank someone for being so sweet.
We always need thank you cards in our stash ☺
Card Details -
Size - A5
Dies - Torn Edge Hexagon (Crafter’s Companion)
Embellishments - Stickopotamus bee stickers, Stickles glitter glue, Spectrum Noir clear glitter overlay
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #48 Anything Goes With A Critter
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #136 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #3 Anything Goes
- Catch The Bug - Things With Wings
- CD Sunday Plus - #56 - Anything Goes with a Digital
- Classic Design Challenge - #3 Anything Goes
- Craft Rocket Challenge - #79 Use Dies
- Crafty Animals - #Anything Goes with an animal or Insect
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #207 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #210 Always Anything Goes
- Di’s Digi Designs - All ABout The B's (Bear, Bees, Brown)
- Dies R Us - #165 Anything Goes with a Store Brand Die (Gemini/Crafter's Companion)
- Digi Choosday - #11 Anything Goes
- Gem of A Challenge - #6 Anything Goes
- Get Creative Challenges - #98 Anything Goes
- Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge - Anything Goes with a die/diecut
- Imagine That Digi of The Month - Honey Bear
- Lemon Shortbread - #141 Anything Goes
- Let’s Craft & Create - #169 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #56 Anything Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #47 Anything Goes
- Morgan’s Art World - #3 Anything Goes
- Pearly Sparkles - #60 Use a Digi Stamp
- Penny’s Challenge - #492 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #11 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #418 Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #483-484 Anything Goes