For Day 11 at Beccy's Place Month Long Holiday Cards Challenge the prompt is to try something new whether that be a new technique, a new fold, a new product.
I have done a two-fer with this as I have tried a new fold and not one, but 2 new products.
I don't know what they call this type of fold. I saw something similar but I don't think it had as many folds as this and I kind of made it up as I went along.
I used an A5 sheet of blue card with a metallic sheen on it. I cut the large Frosted Window Snowflake aperture. This gave me 9mm each side to stick the concertina edge to it.
I started by making a template with a scrap piece of paper and the number of folds made it a little wider than a standard sheet of card. Fortunately I was able to use a larger piece but I suppose I could have reduced the number of folds to make it fit an A4 sheet. I wanted to have enough of a gap from front to back to make sure it stood up without falling over.
The back of the card has a lovely swirly vellum from the Glittering Snowflakes vellum pad.
Using some silver glitter paper I cut a border with the Joyful Snowflakes die. It is so pretty and swirly and was a birthday present from my sister 💝
Before I assembled the front panel I used the Snowfall stencil to add some Glitter snow embossing paste to the blue. When this was dry I used some red line double sided tape to add it to the accordion folds. It is really sturdy and holds its shape well. I cannot stand to use poor quality or flimsy cardstock. You can see the dimension in the side view photo below.
Gaps in the embossing have been filled with some glitter gem stickers from The Works.
Finally I added some assorted gems in shades of blue to the larger snowflakes.
This has left me with a large blue snowflake to use on a future card too ☺
Card Details -
Size – A5
Embellishments – Aleene’s Glitter Snow 3d Embossing Paste, Glitter Snowflake stickers (The Works) Assorted gems
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- Beccy’s Place Challenges - Month of Holiday Cards - Try Something new
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #516 Anything Goes / Use Some Glitter
- Creative Knockouts - #376 Snow Much fun
- Dream Valley Challenges - #236 Dies and/or punches
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #145 Anything Goes
- Little Red Wagon - #575 Non-Traditional Christmas Colours
- NBUS Challenge - #20 Both Dies never been used before
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies - #2045 Anything Goes
- Sisterhood of Crafters - Embossing wet or dry
- The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - #86 Anything Christmas Goes