and was invited to be the Guest Designer this month.
The Sponsor for this challenge is Oddball Art Co. who are offering a prize of $10 to spend on digistamps at their store. The winner is chosen by random org between all participants.
I was given this fabulous set to work with Silly Sally Smiles IMG 307 which comprises the smiling girl, the cutest sunshine and some lovely sentiments.
The challenges at Colouring in Scrapland are always Anything Goes with an optional theme. This month the option is to Make a Tag
In complete coincidence I had just ordered a new Sunburst Cut and Emboss folder from Crafter's Companion which I knew would be absolutely perfect to go with this set so I was totally inspired and knew what I was going to do with it so I opted for the Anything Goes rather than make a tag. It would have been criminal not to use this folder on such a perfectly matched image.
The embossing folder cuts a circular aperture and then embosses the sun rays around it. I cut a section in a lovely yellow cardstock and then applied rub on chalks in red for the centre and radiated outwards with an orange. I matted this onto gold card and then onto the white card blank. I then cut the circle aperture through both layers.
I sized the digis so the smiley sun would peek out from the inside of the card. I coloured the sun and the girl with Promarkers and fussy cut around the outlines. The shorter sun rays were not stuck down and have been folded outwards to give more texture.
Finally the sentiment on the inside has ben die cut with a Crea-Nest-Lies die, the heat coloured with a Promarker and chalked around the edge in red and the main shape in orange. It helped to separate it from the white card blank and makes it more cheery.
Thankyou to Colouring in Scrapland for inviting me to be a Guest Designer and giving me the opportunity to work with this super cute set.
Card Details -
Size - A5
Digital Image & Sentiment - Silly Sally Smiles IMG 307 by Oddball Art Co.
Colouring Medium - Promarkers, rub on chalks
Dies - Crea-Nest-Lies XXL Circle Open Scallop
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create - #239 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #128 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #11 Anything Goes
- Allsorts - #598 Anything Goes / Candle, Light & All Things Bright
- Arty Divas - #31 Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - #48 Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #11 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #45 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #527 Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #199 Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #26 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #197 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #202 Always Anything Goes
- Cupcake Inspirations - #506 Red Orange & yellow
- Cut It Up - #197 Be Brave, Be Strong, Be Bold
- Digi Choosday - #45 Anything Goes
- Di’s Digi Designs - Use a Digi Image
- I Love Promarkers - #423 Anything Goes
- LeAnn’s World 101 - #32 Anything Goes
- Let’s Craft & Create - #165 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #146 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #52 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap - #139 Anything Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #43 Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Passion For Promarkers - #568 Fancy Frames
- Path of Positivity - #85 Any Positive or Inspirational Quote
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge - #176 Anything Goes
- Penny’s Challenge - #484 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #45 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #408 Anything Goes
- Scribbles Designs Challenge - #94 Layer it Up (At least 3 layers)
- The Creative Crafters - #34 Anything Goes
- Through The Purple Haze - #173 Tic Tac Toe (Sentiment, Emboss, Gold)
- Unicorn Challenge - #60 Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #11 Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #464-465 Anything Goes