Today we have a sketch to follow.
I had already planned to use an image I had coloured but it was too large for my card so I turned to plan B. I am on the DT of 12 Months of Christmas Link Up and as part of my duties I ned to use digital papers designed by our leader. I do not have access to a colour printer at the moment so I have been making cards by colouring the image and then scanning it in to make a digital card. This then means that I have the physical image to be able to make a card in the future. Win Win then....
This image is Snow Happy from Sheepski Designs. There are a few different versions that come with the download and this is number 3.
The image is coloured with Promarkers and lots and lots of glitter courtesy of a clear sparkle pen from Spectrum Noir by Crafter's Companion. I then matted this onto more of the sparkly blue paper.
The large card blank has a layer of dark blue sparkle paper as the base. I have added a strip of striped paper. The sparkly snowflake paper is handmade wrapping paper from Paperchase. It has so much glitter on it... far too nice to use as wrapping paper. I have added blue self adhesive gems to the centre of the snowflakes.
The centre strip is some silver card covered with a blue mesh which has got white and blue spots of 'snow' on it. I have to admit I have had this in my stash for about 15 years and rarely used it so it is about time I did !
The sentiment has been recycled from and old Christmas card and matted onto blue paper.
As a final touch I have added two colours of Card Candi from Craftwork Cards around the scalloped edges of the card. These are little circles of card and I then mounted onto small 3d foam squares. I love the effect it gives on these scalloped cards.
Card Details -
Size - 8" x 8"
Colouring Medium - Promarkers & Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen
Embellishments - Gems, mesh fabric 'ribbon'
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- Catch The Bug – Christmas in July Day 2
- Christmas Crafts All Year Round – Cool It
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #499 Anything Goes/Use a die cut or punch
- Dream Valley Challenges - #228 All Occasions
- International Art & Soul - #88 Based on A Christmas Carol or Song (Frosty The Snowman)
- Merry Little Christmas - #24 Anything Christmas Goes
- Sheepski Designs - #40 Christmas in July
- Sweet Stampers - #46 Christmas in July
- The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - #75 Anything Christmas Goes
- Winter Wonderland – Create a square card