It is time for another challenge for Team B at Through The Craft Room Door
The sponsor for this challenge is Beccy's Place
There is a prize of $10 to spend on digital images from the store for the lucky winner.
It is no secret to anyone who follows my blog that I adore Beccy's images and have worked with them many times both for design teams and my own pleasure.
I decided to work with the main image and a sentiment from the Poinsettias Set. I think I must be changing as I get older as I used to hate Poinsettias with a vengeance, I don't really know why as I love flowers but couldn't stand these. Paul's Grandma always used to have them and they lasted for months. As I have got older I can see that they are a welcome bit of colour in the dull Winter months.
Anyhoo, when I was looking at Beccy's images I went into my own wishlist and instantly knew this cluster and sentiment would make a lovely Christmas card for a lovely old couple who live a few doors down. They love my cards and still have a butterfly card I made for them a few months ago on display so I know this will be well received by them.
I have coloured the image with Promarkers adding lots of shading in different tones. I added a very pale yellow border around it as I knew I was going to cut it out. There is so much detail in the image I felt it better to leave a small border around the intricate areas to make it pop out better against the card background.
I knew when I looked at the image I had the perfect die for the background which is Festive Flowers from Crafter's Companion. It is really intricate and cut in gold sparkly card it is a lovely compliment to the image. I added a red background paper to the card front and then the die cut. The ribbon I have had for a couple of years and not used before. It kind of started off the whole idea of this card.
You know how every now and again you can 'see' exactly how the card will turn out? This was one of those except I had intended to use green paper for the card base. The flowers didn't really pop like I thought they would so I changed it to a darker red and it looked much better.
The sentiment has been added to some more of the gold card and raised on 3d foam squares as well as the image. Finally I added 3 large gold pearls to the top left hand corner and 2 differing sizes to the centre of the flowers.
Our challenges at Through the Craft Room Door are always Anything Goes so easy to enter. I hope you will join us.
Card Details -
Size - A5
Colouring Medium - Promarkers
Embellishments - ribbon, self adhesive pearls
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create – #235 Anything Goes / Sentiment is the Focus
- A Bit More Time To Craft Extra – Anything Goes
- A Place to Start – Flowers
- ABC Christmas Challenge – O is for Over The Top
- All Fun Challenges - #12 Anything Goes
- Allsorts - #581-582 Flowers All Over
- Arty Divas - #27 Anything Goes
- Beccy’s Place - Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - # 40 Anything Goes
- Christmas 24 - #14 Ribbon and/or buttons
- Colour Crazy Challenge - # 29 Anything Goes
- Country View Challenges – Do What Makes You Happy (making Christmas cards & Colouring)
- Crafting Happiness - #59 Anything Goes
- Crafty Calendar Challenge – Add A Ribbon
- Crafty Catz - #516 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #500 Anything Goes/Use Twine or Ribbon
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs – Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #22 Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Cottage - #131 Add A Flower/Flowers
- Creative Moments - #195 Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday - #644 Christmas in July
- Die Cut Divas – Christmas in July
- Digi Choosday - #30 Anything Goes
- Feeling Sketchy - #244 Sketch for layout
- I Love Promarkers - #415 Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #125 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #138 Christmas in July Week 4
- Love To Scrap - #135 Anything Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #39 Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Penny’s Challenge - #476 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #30 Anything Goes
- Sweet Stampin’ – Christmas in July
- The Crafting Challenge – Bright Colours
- The Creative Crafters - #30 Anything Goes
- Time Out Challenges - #166 Peaceful
- We Love 2 Create - #8 Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #448-449 Anything Goes