I have had these large silver glittered snowflakes for some time. The are supposed to be Christmas tree decorations but I just thought they would look fabulous on a card.
The latest sketch 620 from Sketch Saturday is the perfect layout for this snowflake.
I used a sheet of silver mirror card for the base and layered some blue snowflake paper onto it leaving a silver border.
I recently purchased a fabulous embossing folder from Crafter's Companion. It is such a useful background and I wanted to use it in a different way than a card I made recently.
The central panel is another embossed piece but for this one I cut it so the starburst was centred. I added the snowflake by cutting little slits in the card and attaching with some thin silver wire. The snowflakes are so full of glitter I felt this was a more secure way of attaching that any glue would have been. This back panel was then added to a mat of more of the silver card.
I added a few clear gems in 2 different sizes and a glitter sentiment that has been recycled from a shop bought card.
I am really pleased with how this card has turned out. It is very clean for one of my designs. I just love the very graphic nature of the sparkly snowflake against the blues.
I got absolutely covered in glitter too :)
Card Details -
Size - A5
Embossing Folder - Confetti Burst by Crafter's Companion
Punch - Treading Water by Fiskars
Embellishments - Self adhesive Gems
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- ABC Christmas Challenge – N is for No Fuss
- All Fun Challenges - #12 Anything Goes
- Arty Divas - #27 Anything Goes
- Christmas Crafts All Year Round – Cool It
- Crafting Happiness - #59 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #500 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #195 Anything Goes
- Crimbo Crackers - #212 Anything Christmas Goes
- Fab ’n’ Funky - #492 Christmas
- Krafty Chicks - KCC #518 Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #125 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #138 Christmas in July Week 4
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – Anything Goes
- Sketch Saturday - #620 Sketch for layout
- Tuesday Throwdown - #462 Fave Embellishments (Gems)
A really wonderful snowflake that makes the card frosty. Thanks for joining us in CCAYR challenge. Hope you will participate in our next challenge. Martina-DTReplyDelete
What a fab card. Love the way you have used the snowflake, the backing papers look very effective xReplyDelete
hugs sally x
Love this card! It's funny I used one of these ornaments on a card for a crafty group challenge last year. I think they are brilliant design elements! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!ReplyDelete
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator
Stunning Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut Christmas ChallengeReplyDelete
DT Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Challenge
Very pretty Christmas card, Mandy! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge! xoxooxReplyDelete
Beautiful!! Thank-you so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!ReplyDelete
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper
Pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at CCAYR.ReplyDelete