I have had these large silver glittered snowflakes for some time. The are supposed to be Christmas tree decorations but I just thought they would look fabulous on a card.
The latest sketch 620 from Sketch Saturday is the perfect layout for this snowflake.
I used a sheet of silver mirror card for the base and layered some blue snowflake paper onto it leaving a silver border.
I recently purchased a fabulous embossing folder from Crafter's Companion. It is such a useful background and I wanted to use it in a different way than a card I made recently.
The central panel is another embossed piece but for this one I cut it so the starburst was centred. I added the snowflake by cutting little slits in the card and attaching with some thin silver wire. The snowflakes are so full of glitter I felt this was a more secure way of attaching that any glue would have been. This back panel was then added to a mat of more of the silver card.
I added a few clear gems in 2 different sizes and a glitter sentiment that has been recycled from a shop bought card.
I am really pleased with how this card has turned out. It is very clean for one of my designs. I just love the very graphic nature of the sparkly snowflake against the blues.
I got absolutely covered in glitter too :)
Card Details -
Size - A5
Embossing Folder - Confetti Burst by Crafter's Companion
Punch - Treading Water by Fiskars
Embellishments - Self adhesive Gems
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- ABC Christmas Challenge – N is for No Fuss
- All Fun Challenges - #12 Anything Goes
- Arty Divas - #27 Anything Goes
- Christmas Crafts All Year Round – Cool It
- Crafting Happiness - #59 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #500 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #195 Anything Goes
- Crimbo Crackers - #212 Anything Christmas Goes
- Fab ’n’ Funky - #492 Christmas
- Krafty Chicks - KCC #518 Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #125 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #138 Christmas in July Week 4
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – Anything Goes
- Sketch Saturday - #620 Sketch for layout
- Tuesday Throwdown - #462 Fave Embellishments (Gems)