It is the final day of the 10th Annual Christmas in July challenge at Catch The Bug.
Today we have been given a colour challenge.
I have used Candy Cane Bear from Bugaboo Stamps. I could see the colours of the candy cane in the swatch and went from there.
I have coloured with Promarkers and added a white gel pen for eyes and stripes.
I have followed the latest sketch 378 at Atlantic Hearts for the layout. I trimmed the image and added a mat of black card.
The card front has been covered with a spotty paper. I found a striped paper with candy canes and reindeers on it and used 3 of the stripes from it to follow the sketch. Finally I added a sentiment that has been rescued from the recycling bin from a shop bought card.
The style of this card is very Clean & Simple for me. I fought the temptation to add something in the top left hand corner......it keeps calling to me LOL
I was determined to follow all the challenges this week at Catch the Bug and apart from yesterday all cards have been posted the day the challenge went up. I have thoroughly enjoyed these challenges and have 7 more Christmas cards to add to my growing pile.
Thanks to Jodie for the free images this week and to the Bugaboo Design Team for all the amazing inspiration this week.
Card Details -
Size - A5
Image - Candy Cane Bear from Bugaboo Stamps
Colouring Medium - Promarkers & White Gel Pen
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #40 Anything Goes with a Critter
- 613 Avenue Create – #235 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft - #120 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft Extra – Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #7 Anything Goes
- ABC Christmas Challenge – N is for No Fuss
- Atlantic Hearts Sketch – #378 Sketch for Layout
- Catch The Bug – Christmas in July Day 7
- Classic Design Challenge - # 7 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - # 29 Anything Goes
- Country View Challenges – Do What Makes You Happy (making Christmas cards & Colouring)
- Crafting Happiness - #58 Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals - #40 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #516 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #499 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #195 Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday - #644 Christmas in July
- I Love Promarkers - #415 Anything Goes
- Jingle Belles – Red, Green & White colour inspiration
- Little Red Wagon – #559 Spots or Stripes
- Penny’s Challenge - #476 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #30 Anything Goes
- Unicorn Challenge - #56 Food and/or Drink
- Word Art Wednesday - #448-449 Anything Goes
Your card is so cute. Great Bugaboo image and card layout. Thanks for sharing over at Catch the bug Christmas in July (and Crafty Catz, Colour Crazy, Crafty Sentiments)ReplyDelete
This is so cute, Mandy! Love your paper choice with the image! I'm so happy you are playing along this week at Catch the Bug for our Christmas in July Challenge. I hope you are having fun, and good luck! Julie, Bugaboo Stamps DTReplyDelete
Such a cute image!ReplyDelete
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
DT for CHNC
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!
Great job on the color challenge. Love how the card turned out. Thanks for playing along with us at Catch The Bug Christmas In July challenges. Bonnie GDTReplyDelete
Great card! Such a fun image. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon again.ReplyDelete
Sweet card! Thank you for joining in the fun at Crafting Happiness Challenges.ReplyDelete
:) Janis, Challenge Blog Owner
That image is so sweet! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)ReplyDelete
Great colouring - love that image. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DTReplyDelete
Gorgeous card Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luckReplyDelete
Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rodos
Adorable card i love your colouring its fabulous x Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.ReplyDelete
Such a cute card, I love it! Looks like you nailed the challenge! Thank you for entering in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DTReplyDelete
Love the choice of papers!ReplyDelete
Thank you for joining in the fun in our Christmas in July at Catch the Bug!
Hugs from Africa!
Fantastic Christmas card and colours. Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog ChallengeReplyDelete
Best Wishes Lisa xx
I love seeing all these Xmas in July cards, this one is great! thank you so much for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challengeReplyDelete
Super cute card!ReplyDelete
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
I love all your projects for our 10h Annual CIJ Event! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along!ReplyDelete
love those fun candy cane stripes ... so glad you were inspired by our color Christmas at Jingle Belles.ReplyDelete
Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
Catherine x DT
What a sweet card Mandy. Thank you for joining us this week at Polkadoodles.ReplyDelete
such a fun and festive card! so pleased you could join our photo inspo fun at JINGLE BELLES!ReplyDelete
What a sweet card! A belated thank you for joining us at Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]ReplyDelete
Another gorgeous card, Mandy. Lovely image and colours. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx WilmaReplyDelete
Cute image for you lovely Christmas card. Sorry I'm late, but still wanted to pop in to thank you for entering your card in the challenge at 613 Avenue Create.ReplyDelete
Hugs, Sandy DT
A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog.ReplyDelete