Today we have been given a colour challenge.
I have used Candy Cane Bear from Bugaboo Stamps. I could see the colours of the candy cane in the swatch and went from there.
I have coloured with Promarkers and added a white gel pen for eyes and stripes.
I have followed the latest sketch 378 at Atlantic Hearts for the layout. I trimmed the image and added a mat of black card.
The card front has been covered with a spotty paper. I found a striped paper with candy canes and reindeers on it and used 3 of the stripes from it to follow the sketch. Finally I added a sentiment that has been rescued from the recycling bin from a shop bought card.
The style of this card is very Clean & Simple for me. I fought the temptation to add something in the top left hand corner......it keeps calling to me LOL
I was determined to follow all the challenges this week at Catch the Bug and apart from yesterday all cards have been posted the day the challenge went up. I have thoroughly enjoyed these challenges and have 7 more Christmas cards to add to my growing pile.
Thanks to Jodie for the free images this week and to the Bugaboo Design Team for all the amazing inspiration this week.
Card Details -
Size - A5
Colouring Medium - Promarkers & White Gel Pen
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #40 Anything Goes with a Critter
- 613 Avenue Create – #235 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft - #120 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft Extra – Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #7 Anything Goes
- ABC Christmas Challenge – N is for No Fuss
- Atlantic Hearts Sketch – #378 Sketch for Layout
- Catch The Bug – Christmas in July Day 7
- Classic Design Challenge - # 7 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - # 29 Anything Goes
- Country View Challenges – Do What Makes You Happy (making Christmas cards & Colouring)
- Crafting Happiness - #58 Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals - #40 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #516 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #499 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #195 Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday - #644 Christmas in July
- I Love Promarkers - #415 Anything Goes
- Jingle Belles – Red, Green & White colour inspiration
- Little Red Wagon – #559 Spots or Stripes
- Penny’s Challenge - #476 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #30 Anything Goes
- Unicorn Challenge - #56 Food and/or Drink
- Word Art Wednesday - #448-449 Anything Goes