Saturday 6 April 2024

Celebrate With Cake

 


This year I am trying to make a concerted effort to use my stash rather than collect it.

I have been making cards for at least 25 years now and in that time I have amassed a lot of supplies. Over the last few years I have tried not to buy too many new items, glue and consumables of course have been the exception from this.

So in an attempt to actually USE my dies and embossing folders especially I have pulled out not one, but 2 dies that I have not used before.... Go me!

When I saw the current sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge I had already decided to use the sentiment die to make a birthday card for a neighbour. I had the perfect piece of paper in my stash to suit the background so the sketch was a brilliant starting point for this card.


The image was cut from white card and coloured with a combination of Promarkers, fine liners and a Spectrum Noir glitter marker.

This was then mounted onto black card cut with the scalloped outline die and popped up on 3D foam for dimension.

A sheet of card was used for the base and I added some cardstock which was in my coloured scraps file. It came in a mixed bag of scraps from Craftwork Cards years ago and was 8' square so I was really pleased to use it after so many years. Each colour is embossed with different textures.

The small butterflies have been cut using a Martha Stewart punch. I love how detailed it is despite being small in size. I cut the bottom layer from scraps of a green paper. The top layers were cut from scraps of a striped paper from DCWV which I lined up so that it would be symmetrical on each wing. These butterflies are stuck down in the centre and the top layer wings folded up.


The large green butterfly was cut from a perfume box that I saved as it has a really sumptuous flocked texture and was far to nice to throw away. This particular die has an outline that is attached to the main butterfly and you can stick it down and leave the wings flapping.

I have found some amazing tools called Teeny Tiny Dauber Sticks which I bought from Hunky Dory Crafts. You get loads in a pack and you can wash them to re-use. They are perfect for gluing very fine detailed dies and I am really pleased I have tried them. (I am not affiliated in any way, just a very happy customer)


Finally I have added some small gems to the body of the butterflies and some star gems dotted around the card.

Card Details -


Size - A5

Dies - Celebrate With Cake (Crafter’s Companion), Kaleidoscope of Butterflies (Crafter’s Companion)

Punch - Butterfly Stamp & Punch Set (Martha Stewart)

Colouring Medium - Promarkers, Fine liners, Spectrum Noir glitter marker

Designer Paper - Embossed card from Craftwork Cards, Butterflies The Glitter Stack (DCWV)

Embellishments - Self adhesive Gems



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)

28 comments:

  1. What a fun festive card! Thanks for sharing over at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colrful Mandy, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant card
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! Love that you flipped the sketch--looks GREAT!! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love the very festive birthday banners and cakes for the focal image! And the colorful stripes add even more party feeling! Thanks for sharing at the anything food goes theme at FQHSKCB!--Becca

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thanks for sharing at the birthday optional celebration theme for April at HQCOLCB! Wonderful! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amanda: This is awesome. I love the stripes. It's also impressive how many challenges you've found where you can share your sweet card. I'm SO grateful that Word Art Wednesday is one of them. I appreciate it very much. Have a blessed week, and best of luck in the random draw. Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful, Mandy! I love the drama of the bright colors against the black. Thanks so much for taking part in our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so very pretty I love the dies you have used and the gorgeous colours I love those butterflies thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card ! A gorgeous take on the sketch challenge too. And what a great resolution you've made, still hard for me to follow it when there are so many beautiful new products each month ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out so beautifully, gorgeous colors and love the butterflies!
    Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative and fun, what a great background!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power!
    Diane WP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Word Power}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card, sorry for the deleted commented, I accidentally pasted something I did not mean to. I love how you flipped the card and I love the sentiment block, so great witht he black! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely colourful card and a great way of using up scraps. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts and Crafty Calendar Challenges with your lovely creation.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun card! That butterfly is gorgeous too and thanks for the hint about the glue things! Thanks for using our sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you used up your scraps and incorporated them into this beautiful card. Thank you for sharing this with us at My Time to Craft
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job and mega applause for using up your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Mirtillamente, we love to see everybody’s entries. We are a home for creativity! Good luck and do come back!
    Hugs,
    Jackie,
    Mirtillamente DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card. Love your uses of scraps. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  21. ...and thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at The Crafting Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute card!
    Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this is a wonderful creation! Beautiful sketch interpretation and colours! Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge April "ATG". Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have created such a gorgeous project here. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. FANTASTIC!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B & Word Power challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the embossed scraps background you made for this card, so much depth and the main image just pops. So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Arlene CT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Judy CT

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou very much for taking the time to visit my blog and your comment. I really appreciate each and every one :)


If you are in the EU to comply with GDPR regulations please be aware that your comment and details will be visible to anyone who visits my blog. I do not collect your personal information in any way.