It is time for another challenge over at The Paper Funday.
Our challenges are always Anything Goes with an optional twist.
The twist this time is the theme 'Masculine'
We are very fortunate to have 2 sponsors for each challenge this year which means we get to choose which artist we would like to work with. This really is great as it gives us double the choice. We are very lucky with the amazing sponsors that are lined up this year, many of which are old favourites and some are new to me.
For this challenge I have chosen to work with the twist of Masculine.
The inspiration for this card came from one that fellow crafter Leslie Turner posted some time ago. I thought it was just so clever and effective and kept the link as a card idea for the future. If you are interested in seeing it here is the link to her blogpost with the original link to a Splitcoast Stampers tutorial.
My card is A5 in size so I started off with a sheet of A4 navy card which has got a sparkly shimmer effect. A panel of white cardstock is then added so all the front elements really stand out on it. I then cut a sheet of acetate to size so the strips look like they are floating above the white.
I have a great system for my scraps with a box from Ikea which fits a Kallax unit that sits on my desk. The A4 or letter sized zippered pockets were a gift from my sister from Amazon. The zips are colour coded and I keep my scraps of coloured paper and card in each relevant colour bag. The mesh makes them very strong and so far they have lasted me over 2 years. In the past I got into a real mess with scraps and had 2 big cardboard boxes full which i gave to a friend who runs craft sessions at a senior citizen home. I now try wherever possible to file away my scraps as soon as a project has been finished and then go to this first when I need to use something. After crafting for a number of years and trying so many different ways of organising my scraps I have found this to be the very best way for me to stay tidy and actually USE my scraps.
For this card I simply grabbed the blue bag and had fun pulling out offcut strips that might have been suitable. It is then simply a case of laying them onto the acetate and moving them round until you have a pleasing arrangement then stick them down onto the acetate panel. This panel is then raised up from the white background with foam pads so the strips look like they are floating.
The main sentiment is a large die from The Works which is a great bookstore we have in the UK that sells some crafty things too. This is a die from their own range which was only £4, really great value for how large it is. I always pop into one of the stores when I am out and about as you can get some amazing bargains from them. It is worth grabbing something you like when you see it though as quite often you don't see them when you go in the next time.
I knew this particular style of sentiment would be perfect for male cards and I think it works particularly well with this graphic style of card. The die has been cut 3 times in the same sparkly blue card as the base, glued all the layers together for dimension and then added onto the floating strips with some thin foam pads.
Finally the sentiment has been recycled from an old cut up card and star gems dotted onto some of the strips for a bit of bling.
This is the first DT card I have made this year as I took a break to help care for my Mother In Law who was very seriously ill. I really, really missed being creative and blogging and so glad to be back doing the things I love ☺
I hope you will join myself and our fabulous Team over at the Paper Funday Challenge.
Card Details -
Size - A5
Dies - Happy Birthday (The Works)
Embellishments - Star shaped gems
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #06-2022 Anything Goes
- Alphabet Challenge - D is for Die Cuts
- Classic Design Challenge - #6 Anything Goes
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #663 Recycling (sentiment has been cut from a shop bought card)
- Crafting Happiness - #124 Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore - #100 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #592 Anything Goes
- Crafty Friends Challenge - #156 Me or Boys
- Creatalicious Challenges - #234 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #232 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #234 Anything Goes
- Digi Choosday - #21 Anything Goes
- Double D Challenge - White with One Colour only (hope different shades of blue are okay?)
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday - Anything Goes
- Fab ’n’ Funky - #552 Anything But Square
- Gem of A Challenge - #11 Anything Goes
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- Krafty Chicks - #613 All Occasions
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #182 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #68 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap - #155 Anything Goes
- Make The Cards Challenge - #56 Make a Masculine card
- Mix It Up Challenge - #59 Anything Goes
- Morgan’s Art World - #6 Anything Goes
- Moving Along With The Times - #143 Masculine / Father's Day
- Papercraft Challenges - #82 Add Bling
- Pearly Sparkles - #76 One for the Boys
- Penny’s Challenge - #522 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #21 Anything Goes
- Scribbles Designs Challenge - #109 Anything Goes
- The Crafting Challenge - Anything Goes
- The Creative Crafters - #52 Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Try It On Tuesday - For the Man in Your Life (for my Father in Law)
- Use Your Stuff - #449 Anything Goes
- We Love 2 Create - #5 Anything Creative or Mixed Media Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #545-546 Anything Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #5 Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes