At Kate Hadfield Designs there are so many fabulous sets it is really easy to get inspired to use them. There are digital stamps which you can colour, coloured versions you can scrapbook or make into digital layouts. Papers, patterned overlays and doodles galore. No matter what your skill level there are so many goodies to play with.
I have used this great set of doodles Toy Box to make this Teepee fun fold card aimed at a young boy's birthday. I wanted to make it bright and bold in mainly primary colours and chose red as the base card as it linked in all of the pre-coloured images.
This card looks really complex but is super easy to make. You simply use 3 squares of card for your base, score diagonally across the middle and attach together. A velcro dot keeps the flaps together and you then have 3 sides to decorate. You can use one of these sides for your sentiment panel or do as I do and write it inside. You can find a great tutorial at Mixed Up Craft. I use 6" squares for my base and this folds down to fit inside a C5 envelope.
First I chose my designs which was the Rocket, Jack in a Box and Robot. I thought they looked great together for a young boy's card and the bright colours make it a fun and cohesive theme.
I started off with white triangles to fit the sides of the card. The images have been printed onto a matte photo paper so they look bright and bold. This paper is then perfect to use and add elements to the background. I added peel off stickers like stars and dots bit you could easily add colour with inks. The rocket has been fussy cut and popped up with foam pads with a foiled die cut sentiment added to form the 'front' of the card.
For the Jack In A Box I added some small pom poms as his arms outstretched made me think of a juggler.
If you make this type of card yourself one tip for you is I use a corner rounding punch to neaten the points that form the legs. I found when I made one before that if you leave them pointed they can look tatty after a very short period of time as the weight pushes down on the card edge. Just the simple act of rounding the corners makes them look so much neater and stay in better condition.
Over at Kate Hadfield Designs there is lots going on. Kate is really generous with her freebies which are readily available. If you sign up to the newsletter you get access to an extra subscriber area the Doodle Den where there are loads more freebies. There is a gallery full of projects by the Creative Team and customers and so much inspiration for crafters and teachers. I would highly recommend you pop over there and join in the fun.
Card Details -
Size - Teepee Card folds to fit C5 envelope
Embellishments - Pom Poms, peel off dots, coloured star stickers (Stickopotamus)
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 2 Sisters on The Blog - #54 Card for a Child
- 613 Avenue Create - #9 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #9-2021 Anything Goes
- Aud Sentiments - #283 Birthday Sentiment
- Cardz TV - #149 Anything Goes
- CCC Digi Creations - #128 No patterned paper
- CD Sunday Plus - #69 - Anything Goes with a Digital
- Classic Design Challenge - #9 Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge - #9 Anything Goes
- Crafter’s Castle - #45 Anything Goes
- Crafting Happiness - #113 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #564 Anything Goes / Masculine Birthday
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Cottage - #144 Anything But Square
- Creative Fingers - #214 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #222 Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday - #692 Anything Goes / Birthdays
- Digi Choosday - #36 Anything Goes
- Dragonfly Dreams - Happy Birthday
- Gem of A Challenge - #19 Anything Goes
- International Art & Soul - #117 Fancy Fold Card
- Lemon Shortbread - #154 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #165 Anything Goes
- My Time To Craft - #465 Travel or Transport (Rocket)
- Polkadoodles - #36 Anything Goes
- Stamps & Fun = Creativity - #394 Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Through The Purple Haze - #184 Anything Goes / Rounded Corners
- Use Your Stuff - #431 Back to School or Primary Colours
- We Love 2 Create - #9 Anything Creative or Mixed Media Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #507-508 Anything Goes