Imagine That Digistamp has given us this great set to play with the Pretty Calf set as the Digi of the Month for August. It is a progressive image challenge and as long as you take part with the image for that month you will automatically get the following one.
Kris designed this set with her daughter in mind. Carly is going to be 21, time really has flown by as she was a teenager when I used to be on Kris' DT many moons ago!
I must admit I was racking my brain how to use this set as I am trying not to make cards for the sake of it as I have done in the past. When you are on Design Teams quite often there is a specific theme to follow and you make a lovely card without an outlet for it so I am trying to make cards with a specific person or event in mind. I saw a Facebook post from the lady who was maid of honour at my Sister's wedding and she is CRAZY about cows so made this with her in mind. She will LOVE it.
I wanted to use the pre-coloured heart motif and designed the card around that. The cow print paper is a background for a computer desktop. I wasn't sure if it would print okay but as you can see it has come out perfectly.
The image, paper and sentiment have been printed onto matte photo paper. I distressed the edge of the image with a small blank inkpad.
The glittery green ribbon is from B&M which is a great store for picking up crafty bits and pieces at a bargain price but you often have to get it when you see it as they don't have it back again. This was 8 rolls of glittery ribbon in different colours for £4. I added some red line double side tape to the back and wrapped it round the paper so the edges are securely held underneath. I find this a great method to hide the edges of the ribbon and neaten the finish.
The sentiment and image have been popped up on some thin foam pads to add a bit of dimension but not too much bulk so I can send it in the post.
Finally on the flowers I used some glitter markers to add a little bit of sparkle not very evident in the photo but definitely in real life.
There are so many fabulous images and sentiments this is a really versatile set. Kris really does design some fabulous kits and the Digi of the Month challenges are a great way to build up your collection. If you don't take part I would highly recommend you get involved.
Card Details -
Size - 11.5 x 16.5cm
Embellishments - Glitter Ribbon (B&M)
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #53 Anything Goes With a Critter
- 613 Avenue Create - #8 Anything Goes
- Allsorts - #637/638 Add Some Sparkle
- Aud Sentiments - #281 Anything Goes & Sentiment
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #8-2021 Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #8 Anything Goes
- Crafting Happiness - #109 Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals - #53 Anything Goes with an Animal or Insect
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #220 Anything Goes
- Di’s Digi Designs - Incude a sentiment
- Digi Choosday - #32 Anything Goes
- Imagine That Digi of The Month - Pretty Calf
- Lemon Shortbread - #152 Anything Goes
- Little Red Wagon - #615 Animal Antics
- Pearly Sparkles - #65 Anything Goes
- Penny’s Challenge - #503 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #32 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Add A Sentiment
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- We Love 2 Create - #8 Anything Creative or Mixed Media Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #505-505 Anything Goes