It is the start of a new month and I am back with my DT hat on for
As long as you made a card with the July freebie you will automatically get the August image free. If you have not taken part before you can request this month's image so head on over there and join in the fun.
It is a fabulous way to use images from artists you many not have used before. Also sometimes the image is completely different to something you would normally use. It has been a good way for me to stretch my creativity and take me out of my comfort zone.
This month we are sponsored by Twinkle Lane Designs
We have been given the great set New Car to play with this month. You get the image of the car, a torn up L plate, 3 sentiments and 2 blank number plates. There are some great example cards made by the Twinkle Lane DT on their blog and on the Etsy store page. The car can be used for so many types of cards and is very versatile.
I decided to make a Driving Test congratulations card as it is something I rarely make.
I planned to make this a square card and thought a backing paper made with the L plates would be a good backdrop for the car. I use a graphics program Affinity Designer and it is very easy to add each motif into layers and manipulate them to fit the desired size. I made a digital mock up of the card to get the sizing for all the elements and then created the background. I printed the car and sentiment separately so I could mount them on top of the paper.
Once printed I coloured the L plates with a superfine tipped red Sharpie marker. I matted this on some red card and added to a white card base.
The car was coloured with Promarkers. I fussy cut this out and added foam pads to raise it up. The sentiment was matted onto a small piece of black card.
If you fancy having a go with this image I hope we will see you enter our challenge at
The Outlawz and look forward to seeing the entries.
Card Details -
Size - 6” Square
Colouring Medium - Promarkers, Sharpie Ultrafine marker,
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create - #8 Anything Goes
- Allsorts - #636/636 Anything Goes
- Angie’s Digital Stamps - #55 Anything Goes
- Aud Sentiments - #280 Anything Goes & Sentiment
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #143 Anything Goes
- Cardz TV - #146 Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - #66 - Anything Goes with a Digital
- Classic Design Challenge - #8 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #29 Anything Goes with Colouring
- Corrosive Challenge - #7 Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore - #90 Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #216 Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #34 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #219 Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday - #690 Anything Goes
- Dare 2B Artzy - Anything Goes
- Digi Choosday - #30 Anything Goes
- Gem of A Challenge - #16 Anything Goes
- House That Stamps Built - #J2821 Anything Goes
- International Art & Soul - #114 Mode of Transport
- I Love Promarkers - #440 Anything Goes
- Krafty Chicks - #570 Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #151 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #163 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #61 Anything Goes
- My Time To Craft - #462 No Patterned Papers
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge - #184 Anything Goes
- Pearly Sparkles - #65 Anything Goes
- Penny’s Challenge - #501 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #30 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #425 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything Goes
- Stamping Sensations - Any Celebration
- The Creative Crafters - #42 Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #501-502 Anything Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #7 Anything Goes