Today is my next door neighbours 30th Birthday and I wanted to make a special card for this special birthday.
I had seen this image on Instagram and it was the inspiration to try something similar using bling to emulate the cascade of champagne from the bottle. Unfortunately I cannot find the image on Instagram now to link back to the photo. I find it so annoying that it is so very difficult to go back to an image if you don't know who the original poster was :(
I used 2 shaker die sets from Crafter's Companion Prosecco Celebration & Let's Make Cocktails. These were cut from some silver holographic card with little stars on it and the background layer was black so that the beads and sequins would be a nice contrast to it.
I used an 8" square blank and created layers using a really old paper from HOTP matted onto a plain black. I positioned the bottle and glass shaker elements and then added various sizes of clear gems, gold and silver pearls and sequins to make the 'liquid'
Using the Spellbinders Lacey Squares Nestabilities dies I cut another piece of the holographic card and then layered a square of the black paper onto it. I added peel off stickers for the sentiment and used some glittery foam stickers to add the name, number and a G onto the bottle label.
The finishing touch to the front was to add lots of little star gems.
The inside of the card was decorated with some patterned card that I got from The Range a while ago. I spotted on a shelf these A4 file dividers. I was drawn to the patterns and you get the three shown in the image below for only £1. They are intended to hold A4 paper and are double sided. Effectively for £1 you get 6 sheets of really strong card and 2 of them have gold foiling on them. There were only 2 packs so I grabbed them both. They are so strong you could easily use it to make an A4 or 8" square card base so I will have a look out for more next time I visit there.
I then added a large square of black card to write on. This was die cut using a XXL Crea-Nest-Lies die. This one goes upto 13.5cm in size which was perfect to give me space to write a personal message with a silver gel pen.
The birthday girl has gone away for a few days and will be having the mother of all parties with friends and relatives and her new cute little French Bulldog and I know she will have a wonderful time.
Card Details -
Size - 8” Square
Paper - Cardmakers Classic Creative Pack (HOTP) & Noteworthy File Dividers (The Range)
Embellishments - Gems, sequins, beads, pearls, star gems, peel off stickers, glitter foam letters & numbers (Poundland)
- 613 Avenue Create - #6 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #142 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #6-2021 Anything Goes
- A Place to Start - #6 Create Your Own Challange - Card/Birthday/Acetate, 3D Embellishmnents & Sequins
- Allsorts - #629 Anything Goes
- Aud Sentiments - #277 Anything Goes & Sentiment
- Cardz TV - #143 Anything Goes
- Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
- CCC Digi Creations - #126 Eileen's Anything Goes Challenge
- Classic Design Challenge - #6 Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge - #6 Anything Goes
- Craft Rocket Challenge - #82 Birthday
- Crafter’s Castle - #42 Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore - #88 Anything Goes
- Crafty Calendar Challenge - Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #556 Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations - #422 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #213 Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Cottage - #141 Eileen's Anything Goes Challenge
- Creative Fingers - #210 Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday - #689 Anything Goes
- Die Cut Divas - Birthday
- Dies R Us - #171 Anything Goes with a Store Brand Die (Gemini/Crafter's Companion)
- Do-Al (l) Creative - #54 Use the same item One big version and one small (gems, pearls & sequins)
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday - Anything Goes
- Friendship Challenge - #66 Happy Birthday
- Gem of A Challenge - #13 Anything Goes
- Get Creative Challenges - #102 Anything Goes
- Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge - Anything Goes with a die/diecut
- Ike’s World Challenge - #145 Anything Goes / Food or Drink
- LeAnn’s World 101 - #39 Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #148 Anything Goes
- Let’s Craft & Create - #172 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #59 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap - #146 No Rulz 4
- Mix It Up Challenge - #50 Anything Goes
- More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes / Purple
- Morgan’s Art World - #6 Anything Goes
- Moving Along With The Times - #131 Art Deco (clean crisp lines and the colours)
- Polkadoodles - #24 Anything Goes
- The Crafting Challenge - Embellishments
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Through The Purple Haze - #181 Anything Goes
- Uniko Challenge - #65 Anything Goes / Use Die Cuts
- Word Art Wednesday - #495-496 Anything Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #6 Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes