It is time for another challenge over at The Paper Funday.
Our challenges are always Anything Goes with an optional twist.
The twist this time is the theme 'Sparkle & Shine'
We are very fortunate to have 2 sponsors for each challenge this year which means we get to choose which artist we would like to work with. This really is great as it gives us double the choice. We are very lucky with the amazing sponsors that are lined up this year, many of which are old favourites and some are new to me.
I chose to work with a fun image and sentiment "Birthday Friends" from Jan's Digi Stamps. I just loved the fun image of the older ladies partying. It totally reminds me of Paul's Grandma who was 102 when she passed away and she was adamant she would still have a drink and enjoy herself no matter how old she was.
I used the latest Wednesday sketch from the Outlawz Challenge as inspiration for the layout. I stretched it to fit an A5 landscape card.
I wanted to use a fun multi coloured background and as always headed for my scraps first. The 'paper' is actually a card front which has been recycled from a shop bought card. I love to rescue these types of things that would have gone into the recycling bin. This is so colourful and has loads of gold foil on it so it would have been an awful shame to throw that away. I used an A4 sheet of white card to make the base and trimmed the patterned card to fit. I added a gold metallic border to match the sketch. The thin strips of card that were trimmed off I added to some scraps of gold mirror card and added a strip of clear gems in between for a bit of extra bling.
The image has been coloured in Promarkers to match the colours in the patterned paper. I have used Spectrum Noir Glitter Markers to add sparkly accents. These have also been used to add coloured spots to the background of the image. They are water based so I used a water brush to add some lighter ones and then added some small gems for more sparkle. The image was then matted onto some gold glitter card.
Finally I added the sentiment from the set onto some gold mirri card and a happy birthday from Craftwork Cards.
I think I definitely fulfilled the brief of sparkle and shine with this one! and rescued the great patterned card front into a new creation.
I hope you will join myself and our fabulous team over at The Paper Funday
Card Details -
Size - A5
Colouring Medium - Promarkers, Arteza Expert pencils, Spectrum Noir Glitter Markers
Embellishments - self adhesive gems
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #6-2021 Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - #61 - Anything Goes with a Digital
- Classic Design Challenge - #6 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #21 Anything Goes with Colouring
- Corrosive Challenge - #5 Anything Goes
- Crafting Happiness - #98 Anything Goes / Drink It
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #553 Anything Goes / Add Some Pink
- Crafty Creations - #422 Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #32 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #209 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #215 Anything Goes
- Di’s Digi Designs - Show Some Sparkle
- Digi Choosday - #22 Anything Goes
- Dragonfly Dreams - Add Some Sparkle
- Friendship Challenge - #66 Happy Birthday
- Krafty Chicks - #561 All Occasions
- Ike’s World Challenge - #145 Anything Goes / Food or Drink
- I Love Promarkers - #436 Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #147 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap - #146 No Rulz 4
- More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes / Pink
- Morgan’s Art World - #6 Anything Goes
- Paperminutes - #694 Glasses
- Papercraft Challenges - #70 Anything Goes
- Paper Shelter - #472 Birthday Cards
- Path of Positivity - #90 Anything Goes With Positive or Inspirational Quote
- Penny’s Challenge - #497 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #22 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #421 Anything Goes
- The Crafting Challenge - Embellishments
- The Creative Crafters - #40 Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- We Love 2 Create - #6 Anything Creative or Mixed Media Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #493-494 Anything Goes