Well where did January disappear to? We are in quite a strict lockdown in the UK so everything seems a bit samey. January was mainly full of rain but we had a weekend of snow which provided a change of scenery for a short time. It felt a bit like a holiday and a welcome distraction. The month flew by though!
It is the start of a new month and I am back with my DT hat on for
As long as you made a card with the January freebie you will automatically get the February image free. It is a fabulous way to use images from artists you many not have used before. Also sometimes the image is completely different to something you would normally use. It has been a good way for me to stretch my creativity and take me out of my comfort zone.
I would highly recommend anyone who is not already taking part to jump in and have a go. We are a really friendly bunch at The Outlawz.
This month we are sponsored by All Dressed Up
We have been given this super cute image Piggy Back to play with this month. I have coloured my image with a combination of Promarkers, Spectrum Noir Triblend, Spectrum Noir glitter markers and Arteza coloured pencils. Through practice I am getting better at shading with them and learning to be a bit more subtle.
I saw straight away that this was a lovely image to use to send a hug in an envelope and chose my sentiment to suit.
I used a sheet of Lidl card and made a 6" square card base. To this I added some patterned paper in shades of blue to compliment my image. The striped panel and dark blue are offcuts.
I cut the image into an oval shape and added a mat in the same card as the base. I have used a wide blue ribbon with a gold trim and added a narrower blue one to create a striped effect.
The sentiment is from the now retired Jenn & Friends set from Imagine That Digistamp. I matted this onto the blue card and added an epoxy heart sticker.
Following the sketch to balance this I cut the same size circle in white card, added a faux stitched border with an ultra fine Sharpie and matted onto the blue card. I have added a fabric puffy heart I have had for a million years and another epoxy sticker. Finally I added a third epoxy sticker above the image to match the sketch.
I have a good friend who's Mum has Alzheimers and is in a home. She broke her hip falling out of bed and has contracted Covid whilst in hospital and now been told she needs specialist care so needs to sort out a new place for her. What with working from home and homeschooling her little girl the last few weeks have been awful for her. I hope this card will give her the hug I cannot physically give her myself.
I hope we will see you enter our challenge at The Outlawz and look forward to seeing the entries using this image.
Card Details -
Size - 6" Square
Digital Sentiment - Jenn & Friends [Retired] (Imagine That Digistamp)
Colouring Mediums - Promarkers, SN Triblend, SN Glitter Markers, Arteza pencils, Sharpie
Embellishments - Ribbons, Fabric Puffy heart, Epoxy Stickers
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #47 Anything Goes with a critter
- 613 Avenue Create - #1 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #133 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #2 Anything Goes
- A Place to Start - #1 Anything Goes
- All Dressed Up - #113 Anything Goes with a store image
- Allsorts - #609 Four Legged Friends
- Always Fun Challenges - #199 card for a Friend
- Aud Sentiments - #267 Sending Love & Sentiment
- Cardz TV - #133 Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - #53 Anything Digital Goes
- Ching-Chou Kuik - All You Need is Love
- Classic Design Challenge - #2 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #3 Anything Goes
- Colouring in Scrapland - Anything Goes
- Crafter’s Castle - #38 Anything Goes
- Crafting Happiness - #82 Hearts
- Crafts Galore Encore - #84 Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals - #47 Anything Goes with an animal
- Crafty Catz - #536 Anything Goes
- Crafty Friends - #149 Animals or Birds
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #204 Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #28 Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Cottage - #136 Must Use a Digi Stamp
- Creative Fingers - #200 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #207 Always Anything Goes
- Di’s Digi Designs - Tic Tac Toe (Blue, Digi Image, Include a Sentiment)
- Digi Choosday - #4 Anything Goes
- Digi Doodle Studios - #35 Include a Sentiment
- Gem of A Challenge - #3 Anything Goes
- House That Stamps Built - #J2721 Anything Goes
- International Art & Soul - #101 Hearts
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #138 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #55 Anything Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #46 Anything Goes
- Morgan’s Art World - #2 Anything Goes
- Path of Positivity - #88 Anything Positive Goes & Celebrate Those You Love
- Pearly Sparkles - #59 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #5 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #413 Anything Goes
- Scrapping4fun Challenges - #184 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Monday - Love and/or Hearts
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything Goes
- Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 - #199 Sketch for Layout
- Sweet Stampin’ - Love
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Try It On Tuesday - Winter Blues
- We Love 2 Create - #2 Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #475-476 Anything Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #1 Anything Goes
- Use Your Stuff - #415 Hearts
- Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes