Today is my eldest niece's birthday and this is a card I have made using a new freebie set Monsterific Birthday which has being released at Kate Hadfield Designs.
The set has 4 images and they are available in both the digital stamp outline and pre-coloured for really quick and easy cards. There are 3 cute monsters and a superb cake.
I chose to use Monster 1 with the cute little birthday cake. My niece is not very girly so I opted to use red and black as my main colour scheme. The papers are from a really old HOTP Cardmakers paper pack. I added a black and white ribbon with a stitched effect. Rather than add a full sentiment I used some chipboard letters HB and added to squares of card edged with white faux stitches. This emulates both the diamond patterned paper and the pattern in the ribbon.
The image has been coloured with a combination of Promarkers and some coloured pencils for shading. Lots of sparkle has been added with Spectrum Noir Glitter Markers. They really are great for adding interest to these monsters and of course you can use whatever colours you wish. I added background to the image by watering down the glitter markers and adding splotches of colour with a waterbrush.
Stacey was expecting her 3rd baby around mid March but we are celebrating a little earlier than expected. Baby Reyna Michelle decided to make an appearance yesterday, the day before Mummy's birthday! Her 7 year old twin sisters Liara and Belle now have a little baby sister to cuddle.
Head on over to Kate Hadfield Designs website to download this amazing freebie. You will need to sign up to the newsletter and you will be given access to the Doodle Den where you can download this set and you will get access to even more. It is definitely worth your while paying us a visit.
Kate Hadfield Designs is also celebrating an anniversary - 12 Years of designing digital doodles. There is a sale on for the next few days to celebrate.
Card Details -
Size – A5
Digital Image – Monsterific Birthday (Kate Hadfield Designs)
Paper - Classic Cardmakers Pack by HOTP
Colouring Medium – Promarkers, white gel pen, Spectrum Noir Glitter Markers, Areteza Coloured pencils
Embellishments – Ribbon, Chipboard Letters,
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create - #2 Anything Goes / Hearts or Soles
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #2 Anything Goes
- Angie’s Digital Stamps - #49 Anything Goes
- As You Like It - Favourite Digi Stamps because I came make them as big or small as I like, they are cheaper than rubber, easier to store. Easy to pront and get good results every time
- Aud Sentiments - #268 Anything Goes with a sentiment
- Cardz TV - #134 Anything Goes
- Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #2 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #5 Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge - #2 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #538 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #208 Always Anything Goes
- Digi Choosday - #6 Anything Goes
- Get Creative Challenges - #98 Red or Pink
- I Love Promarkers - #428 Anything Goes
- Ike’s World Challenge - #141 Anything Goes
- Imagine That Digistamp - 8th Birthday Celebration (Cake or Food)
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #139 Anything Goes
- Let’s Craft & Create - #168 Anything Goes/Red/Pink and/or White
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #151 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #55 Anything Goes
- Passion For Markers - #578 Celebrations
- Pearly Sparkles - #59 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #7 Anything Goes
- Stamps & Fun = Creativity - #382 Anything Goes but no Hearts
- The Fairy & The Unicorn - Anything Fantasy Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Uniko Challenge - 9th Birthday Challenge
- Word Art Wednesday - #477-478 Anything Goes