As soon as I saw this pack of Christmas Sweater Stamps at Kate Hadfield Designs I was inspired to make a shaped card. The only thing was...... which design to choose? As you can see from the preview image below there are so many fabulous designs. You can choose to buy the stamps to colour, pre coloured ones or there is a specially priced bundle with both sets together.
For this card I chose the Christmas pudding stamp as I wanted to embellish it with glitter and beads. In the set you get each image and there is one with a more bold outline which is particularly good for printing out as a larger size. I sized it to around 6" square. I also did a second one the same and covered the pudding with a white rectangle. Inside this I added the text for the sentiment inside the card. After I printed it out I thought I could also have flipped this so it could be the outside back of the card. That is an idea for next time as I am sure I will be using more of these stamps.
I have coloured the bulk of the image using Promarkers. Even working on a very large area they give a really smooth finish. The green would have looked awful if it was streaky.
I used a Spectrum Noir glitter marker to add spots of 'fruit' to the Christmas pudding and coloured the holly, berries and sauce. I knew I would be covering them with glitter glue but also like to colour underneath so it gives better coverage.
Both the layers of the stamp were then added to a thicker card for the base to make a stronger card. Alcohol pens soak through the card so this covers the back of your colouring. Neat cutting around the bold outlines with my small blade Fiskars scissors produced neat images. I used a black marker to run around the outside of the shapes. To stick the layers together I scored around the curve on the jumper to allow it to bend and used some very strong red line double sided tape to hinge at the top.
Now it came to adding the bling! I could only add one full gem 'berry' so used red stickles glitter glue for the other two. The green one was used for the holly and I used a frosted lace one for the sauce on the pudding. It is sparkly but subtle so it looks more like a silky sauce.... almost good enough to eat. I used glossy accents to add the black beads. You can see in the photo below how it opens and stands and just how much dimension the beads add.
I really loved making this. Kate's designs are so much fun to work with and there are so many fabulous items in the store. I love making cards and colouring so the stamps are my faves. There are coloured images, papers, doodles and you are only limited by your creativity.
There are oodles of freebies in the store too. Simply sign up to the Newsletter in the Doodle Den and your will be given access to so many resources. There is a gallery full of projects by the Creative Team and customers and so much inspiration for crafter and teachers. I would highly recommend you pop over there and join in the fun.
Card Details -
Size - 6” high
Colouring Medium - Promarkers, Spectrum Noir Glitter Markers
Embellishments - Stickles Glitter glue, gem, beads
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create - #2 Anything Goes
- Allsorts - #612 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #134 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #2 Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - #54 Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #2 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #7 Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge - #2 Anything Goes
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #587 Christmas
- Crafty Catz - #539 Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations - #418 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #530 Anything Christmas Goes
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #205 Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #29 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #202 Anything Goes
- Di’s Digi Designs - Shaped cards
- Digi Choosday - #7 Anything Goes
- Fezziwigs Festive Frolics - Shaped Makes
- Gem of A Challenge - #4 Anything Goes
- Happy Little Stampers Christmas - Anything Christmas Goes / Berries
- Ike’s World Challenge - #141 Anything Goes
- International Art & Soul - #102 Off To Dinner (Christmas Dinner)
- I Love Promarkers - #429 Anything Goes
- Let’s Craft & Create - #168 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #152 Anything Goes
- Merry Little Christmas - #31 Anything Christmas Goes
- Pearly Sparkles - #59 Anything Goes
- Penny’s Challenge - #490 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #8 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #414 Anything Goes
- Scrapping4fun Challenges - #186 Anything Goes
- Sheepski Designs - #47 Use Red
- Simon Says Stamp Monday - Add Some Texture
- The Creative Crafters - #37 Anything Goes
- The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - #88 Anything Christmas Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Winter Wonderland - Anything Christmas Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #479-480 Anything Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #2 Anything Goes