Over at The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up it is the Merry Maidens turn to showcase some fabulous Christmas cards.
This paper pack Christmas Fun designed by Decosse's Dynamite Doodles
is up for grabs to the lucky winner who follows the Optional Twist to make the card suitable for a Child under 12 Years old.
If you want the chance to win this month's featured paper pack, be sure to create a card that features the twist.
The Sponsor for this challenge is Ike's Art who is offering a $10 certificate from their store.
The image has been coloured with Promarkers and I added lots of Stickles glitter glue to the fur. I decided that there was a Christmas tree missing from the image. Having already decided to use the Decorating Tree paper from the Christmas Fun pack I also isolated a tree and printed it out on photo paper so it is about 10cm tall, thus suiting the dimensions of the image I had already printed. This also shows how versatile the papers can be as you can choose only an element from it and not the whole paper.
The base card is a 6" square and I cut the patterned paper to suit. I have added a wide metallic ribbon to highlight the gold elements. A square of gold glittery paper has been used for the background to my tableau and matted onto dark green card.
The tree has been added to the background and a gold star shaped gem to emulate the one in the paper. The stamped image has been raised up on thin foam squares to add depth. I added some green gems in the corners to match the sketch layout and a gold foiled sentiment.
Printing in colour has been an issue for us for a while as we cannot get a printer driver for our machine anymore. We have found a work around which is a bit awkward but said we will run the inks down and buy a new printer. They seem exceptionally hard to get at the moment though, every model hubby is after there is no stock and to timeframe for availability. Not sure if that is a Brexit think, a Covid thing or just shipping to UK being messed up in general so watch this space.......
I do hope you will take part in our challenge and look forward to seeing your creations.
Card Details -
Size - 6" Square
Digital Paper - Christmas Fun (Decosse's Dynamite Doodles)
Colouring Medium - Promarkers
Embellishments - Stickles Glitter Glue, gems
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create - #2 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #134 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #2 Anything Goes
- Always Fun Challenges - #201 Anything Goes
- Angie’s Digital Stamps - #49 Anything Goes
- As You Like It - Favourite Digi Stamps because I came make them as big or small as I like, they are cheaper than rubber, easier to store. Easy to print and get good results every time.
- Aud Sentiments - #268 Anything Goes with a sentiment
- Cardz TV - #134 Anything Goes
- Catch The Bug - All About The Kids
- CD Sunday Plus - #54 Anything Goes with a Digital
- Christmas Crafts All Year Round - Something that starts with C or D (Chair, Christmas Tree, Dress)
- Classic Design Challenge - #2 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #5 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #538 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #529 Anything Goes Christmas / Use Some Green
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Creatalicious Challenges - #205 Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #29 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #201 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #208 Always Anything Goes
- Daisy Chain Challenges - #49 Baby or Kids
- Gem of A Challenge - #4 Anything Goes
- Happy Little Stampers Christmas - Anything Goes
- Ike’s World Challenge - #141 Anything Goes
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- Krafty Chicks - #546 Christmas
- LeAnn’s World 101 - #35 Anything Goes
- Merry Little Christmas - #31 Anything Goes
- Morgan’s Art World - #2 Anything Goes
- Pearly Sparkles - #59 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #7 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #414 Anything Goes
- Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 - #201 Sketch for Layout
- Sweet Stampin’ - Card for a Teen or Kid
- The Creative Crafters - #37 Anything Goes
- Winter Wonderland - Anything Goes Christmas
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #2 Anything Goes