I am absolutely delighted to announce that I have been chosen to be on the
Creative Team of Kate Hadfield Designs
There was a CT call early December and I applied. I first became aware of Kate through digistamp downloads with one of the UK craft magazines. I then signed up to the free downloads section of the website Doodle Den and had used a couple of the stamps in different projects.
I love Kate's doodles, they are so bold and cheerful and suit my style of crafting. There are just so many digi packs in the store to choose from that it is so easy to be enthused. The very talented team use the digi papers and elements in so many creative ways. It is an honour to be amongst them. There is a fabulous gallery on the website where the members show what they have made using the digital packs too.
This card has been made for out best friend's little girl who is 3 today. We live very close by and during the lockdowns we have seen them many times as we are within walking distance. This last year she has really come out of her shell and loves to learn and reads books (and is read to a lot too). I always want to nurture that so have bought her some cool picture books for her birthday that have jigsaw pictures inside them. I would play with them myself if I was her age so I hope she likes them.
So the gift I have bought her has really inspired the theme of this birthday card using the Bookworm Stamps pack.
You get 30 stamps in 3 different formats. Bold outlines which are great for enlarging. Many of the resources are used in educational settings so these images are perfect for that. You get standard digital stamps and also a white filled version which can be useful when layering different images together.
I started with the heart and made it a large size to be the background of my ensemble. I sat the girl towards the bottom. I added the 'I Love Books' onto the spine of the book. I had intended that the main image would be decoupaged so also printed the girl and a separate book layer.
The little bookworm I flipped so it would be looking at the girl and printed a stack of books from the set. I added the text to the banner and then all the elements were printed out and coloured using Promarkers and Spectrum Noir Glitter Markers.
The heart is coloured using shimmer chalks from Pebbles Inc. I have a stencil which has lots of different shaped hearts on it. I used 2 medium ones to chalk hearts in the background and then used an Ultra fine pink Sharpie pen to draw open hearts.
All the elements were cut out using some super sharp Fiskars embroidery scissors I have had for about 20 years. They give me the control I need for the fine cutting required for decoupage. I have tried other scissors over the years but nothing compares to these. When I cut out images like these I use a Promarker to go around the outside edge with a light touch. This covers up the white edge and makes it look a lot neater. I mounted all these onto foam squares, you can see the dimension more clearly in the close up below.
The base of the card is an 8" square card blank. I used a colourful hearts patterned paper and added a layer of pink underneath so this is the perfect girly card for a very special 3 year old.
Card Details -
Size – 8” square
Stencil - Hearts
Colouring Medium – Promarkers & Spectrum Noir Glitter Markers
Embellishments – I Kan Dee Chalks (Pebbles Inc)
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #46 Anything Goes with a Critter
- 613 Avenue Create - #1 Anything Goes
- AAA Birthday - #21 Stencil Background
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #131 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #1 Anything Goes
- A Place to Start - 1 Anything Goes
- Angie’s Digital Stamps - #48 Anything Goes
- Catch The Bug - Birthday Bash Day 1 - Woodand creature (worm)
- Cardz TV - #131 Anything Goes
- CCC Digi Creations - #121 Include a sentiment
- CD Sunday Plus - #51 Anything Goes with a Digital Item
- Ching-Chou Kuik - Happy Happy Happy
- Classic Design Challenge - #1 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #1 Anything Goes
- Colouring in Scrapland - Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge - #1 Anything Goes
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #582 Anything Goes
- Crafter’s Castle - #37 Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals - #46 Anything Goes with an animal/insect
- Crafty Calendar Challenge - Make It Cute
- Crafty Catz - #533 Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations - #417 Anything Goes
- Crafty Friends - #148 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Creatalicious Challenges - #202 Anything Goes
- Creations in Pink - #29 Anything Goes in Mainly Pink
- Creative Craft Cottage - #136 Use a Digi Stamp
- Creative Fingers - #199 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #206 Always Anything Goes
- Creative Sketchy Girls - #55 Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday - #668 Anything Goes
- Dare 2B Artzy - Anything Goes
- Daisy Chain Challenges - #48 Happy Birthday
- Digi Choosday - #1 Anything Goes
- Digi Doodle Studios - #34 Anything Goes
- Get Creative Challenges - #97 Anything Goes
- Happy Little Stampers Stencils - Anything Goes with a Stencil
- House That Stamps Built - #J621 Anything Goes
- Ike’s World Challenge - #140 Anything Goes
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- Just Us Girls - #566 Use a Stencil
- Krafty Chicks - #541 Stamp Act
- LeAnn’s World 101 - #34 Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #136 Anything Goes
- Let’s Craft & Create - #167 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #149 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #54 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap - #141 Anything Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #45 Anything Goes
- Morgan’s Art World - #1 Anything Goes
- Passion For Markers - #573 Birthday
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge - #178 Anything Goes
- Pearly Sparkles - #58 Something beginning with P (pink)
- Penny’s Challenge - #487 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #2 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #411 Anything Goes
- Scrapping4fun Challenges - #83 Anything Goes
- Sheepski Designs - #46 Anything You Want
- The Crafting Challenge - Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- We Love 2 Create - #1 Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #473-474 Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes