Today is the birthday of my wonderful Husband and this is the card I have made him. The image that started it all off is Aidan Photo from Stamper's Delights. It is such a sweet image and as hubby is a keen amateur photographer I thought it would be perfect for his card.
I decided to make a double Z fold card as it has quite a few places you can add details. I planned it out on scrap paper and then collated the digital bits and pieces to put together on the card. I normally wing it when printing out digital stamps but you have to be a bit more precise with sizes on these sorts of cards or it just won't fit together.
I have some card that came from Lidl which is slightly larger than A4. If you fold it in half you get 17cm, I then cut off the rest of the length to make a square card. The remaining strip is then what you need to make the centre panel. By folding one of the sides in half again you get the Z fold. Then fold the offcut the opposite way. They are so simple to make but really look amazing.
The panels of the card base are covered with a paper Black & White Mini Bangles from Ki Memories. It is dated 2004 on the back of the paper..... I remember buying this at a crafty show at the NEC and cannot believe it was so many years ago. That is scary how quickly the time has gone!
Once the patterned paper was attached I could add the thinner strip. The sentiment on the front is an old freebie from Donna's Digital Creations. I felt was perfect for the current Covid times. Due to so many restrictions in the UK this year we have only been on 2 photography trips, 1 weekend to New Brighton and Liverpool for Valentine's Day and one day trip to Porthcawl mid September. Normally we would go so many different places over the course of the year so hubby and I could take photos and recharge our batteries on Vitamin Sea.
I have used a Picture Perfect Filmstrip from Word Art World to make the border which frames the sentiment which is an old freebie from now retired Tidbits Trinkets.
On the inside the little smiley face camera from Kate Hadfield Designs has been coloured with Promarkers and a silver gel pen. If you sign up to the newsletter you can get access to loads of freebies of which this is one from the Capturing Fall set. They are so lovely to work with as they print out so crisp and clearly.
The cherish sentiment is from the Sweet Memories set from Graciellie Design. It has a super vintage camera and lots of sentiments in it. The Make a Photograph quote from Ansel Adams is from Word Art World. Hubby watches a lot of YouTube videos and will like this as many landscape photographers he follows are inspired by Ansel Adams. Finally the husband sentiment is a freebie from Tlc Creations. Over the many years I have been following Paulette she has given away so many free images and sentiments. If you don't follow her already I would highly recommend to do so as she is so very generous.
This type of card is so much fun to put together and is so much more than just a card. This was a true labour of love which I hope my husband will like.
Card Details -
Size – 6.5” x 6.5” When Closed
Digital Images – Aidan Photo (Stamper’s Delights), Picture Perfect Filmstrip (Word Art World), Capturing Fall Camera (Kate Hadfield Designs)
Digital Sentiments - Life Is Like a Camera (Donna's Digital Creations), Happy Birthday (Tidbits Trinkets RETIRED), Sweet Memories set (Graciellie Design), Make a Photograph (Word Art World). To My Wonderful Husband (Tlc Creations)
Paper – Black & White Mini Bangles (Ki Memories)
Colouring Medium – Promarkers, Silver Gel Pen
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create - #240 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #12 Anything Goes
- Allsorts - #601 Anything Goes
- Cardz TV - #129 Anything Goes
- Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - #50 Anything Goes
- Ching-Chou Kuik - Happy Birthday
- Classic Design Challenge - #12 Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge - #12 Anything Goes
- Crafter’s Castle - #36 Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore - #82 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #530 Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations - #416 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #204 Always Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday - #664 Anything Goes
- Digi Choosday - #49 Anything Goes
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday - Anything Goes
- Gem of A Challenge - #25 Anything Goes
- I Love Promarkers - #425 Anything Goes
- Ike’s World Challenge - #139 Anything Goes
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- LeAnn’s World 101 - #33 Anything Goes
- Let’s Craft & Create - #166 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - # 147 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #53 Anything Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #44 Anything Goes
- Morgan’s Art World - #12 Anything Goes
- Moving Along With The Times - #125 What do you do in your vacations (take landscape photos of where we have travelled to)
- Papercraft Business Papercraft Challenge - #34 Anything Goes
- Paper Shelter - #452 A Special Celebration
- Path of Positivity - #86 Positive quote or sentiment
- Penny’s Challenge - #486 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #49 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #409 Anything Goes
- Stamper's Delights Facebook Challenge - Monthly Progressive Freebie
- Sweet Stampers - #51 Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #468-469 Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes