For Day 18 at Beccy's Place Month Long Holiday Cards Challenge the prompt is to use scraps.
One thing that I love to do is make use of shop bought Christmas cards that have been given to us and also to a couple of friends who save their cards for me. They can be a source of some lovely sparkly bits, super sentiments, sometimes some lovely papers and patterned cards and some fabulous foiled frames. This whole card has been made by pulling together scraps that have been recycled. You can see what I used below.
I used a sheet of gold A4 card as the base and then added the poinsettia patterned card which I edged with a gold paint pen. Quote often these sorts of printed card have a white core so the gold pen adds a bit of sparkle and neatens those white edges.
I used the latest sketch 396 from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
The sentiment has been framed with the silver star frame. I then mounted this onto the gold frame which was trimmed to fit to the same shape.
The poinsettia was the centrepiece of a card but one of the yellow gems had come off it. I added a small one from my stash and also a larger one to go in the centre. This has been mounted onto some thin foam squares. Finally I added the fabric leaves as I realised I had missed those when I was putting the bits and pieces together.
As this card is nice and flat it will be a good one to go in the post. Your recipient would never guess that it is all made of scraps from old cards as there are so many foiled elements that make it look more expensive. I love making new from old, rescuing what would go on the scrapheap and thus helping the environment.
Card Details -
Size - A5
Colouring Medium - Gold Paint pen
Embellishments - Gems & Fabric leaves
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- Atlantic Hearts Sketch - #396 Sketch for Layout
- Beccy’s Place Challenges - Month of Holiday Cards Day 18 - Scraps
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #518 Christmas Anything Goes / Red
- Daisy Chain Challenges - #47 Christmas is Coming
- Dream Valley Challenges - #237 Lots of Layers
- Merry Little Christmas - #28 Anything Goes
- Moving Along With The Times - #124 Christmas Flowers
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies - #2047 Anything Goes
- Pixie's Snippets Playground - #391 - All irtems used are snippets
- The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - #84 Anything Goes