Day 6 at Beccy's Place Month Long Holiday Cards Challenge is the prompt of the letter E.
I have chosen Embossing.
This card is made using the letters that are the leftover waste from a Cut and Emboss folder. I made this card earlier in the year using this beautiful folder that cuts out the J & Y and embosses a huge snowflake with a border of little ones above.
I fully intended to keep the letters to do a variation at a later date. It's great when 'waste' can make a second card.
I used the Confetti Burst embossing folder as the background. I have used this a few times and I love how you can create completely different looks with this by dressing it up or down. It's like the little black dress of embossing folders.
The snowflake is a Quickutz die that I have had for years. You make 6 cuts for each snowflake and then attach them together with a brad. It has been used so many times over the years. When dies and machines were only small years ago you didn't have the massive snowflakes that you have today so building them up like this was the only way to get a decent size die. By using different colours and textures of crd you can get some lovely combinations.
The brad is punched through the layer of blue card to fix securely before it was matter onto the silver mirror card. I used foam pads to stick the ends down and added a coloured gem. The J & Y are also popped up on foam squares.
The card base has been covered with some patterned paper which was a magazine freebie from Kanban. I added a thin silver peel off sticker with the word Christmas and a small snowflake.
The embossing folder has like a starburst effect so snowflakes look particularly good when fixed centrally and the pattern radiates outwards. There are dotted line, dots and circles and I have used some sequins, dots of glitter glue and some small silver circle peel off stickers.
Card Details -
Size – A5
Dies – Snowflake by Quickutz
Colouring medium – Metallic Silver wax rub on
Embellishments – Brad, clear & silver glitter glue, silver & blue sequins, peel off stickers, square gems.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- Beccy’s Place Challenges - Month of Holiday Cards - E is for Embossing
- Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #11 Anything Goes
- Crafty Calendar Challenge - Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #515 Anything Goes Christmas
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #198 Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Cottage - #135 Christmas / Winter
- Creative Moments - #??? Always Anything Goes
- Daisy Chain Challenges - #47 Christmas is Coming
- Papercraft Business Papercraft Challenge - #33 Christmas
- Penny’s Challenge - #483 Anything Goes
- The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - #82 Anything Christmas Goes
- Try It On Tuesday - Embossed
- Word Art Wednesday - #464-465 Anything Goes