For Day 30 at Beccy's Place Month Long Holiday Cards Challenge the prompt is to Do What You Love.
I love making Christmas cards full stop. I love pretty papers, I love dies, I LOVE snowflakes so this card embodies all of those. This is also the last race for this year and I wanted to try and make it in time to be able to enter it. I love a challenge ☺
The die cut is Frosted Flurry from Crafter's Companion and is the last of my birthday pressies from the Glittering Snowflakes items I bought. I think it is a first for me that all of the items I purchased I have used.
The die has been cut from a really heavy weight cardstock. I backed this with acetate and added a foam border to make a shaker card. The snowflakes are silver, white and blue confetti and they have a lovely shine. I backed this with another layer of acetate and played with it for a bit to make sure it would shake okay.
The card blank is an 8" square and I cut the vellum to size. This is an offcut from a previous project and was the perfect size giving me a decent white border around the paper.
The ribbon is a recent purchase from 'middle of Lidl'. They had some lovely ribbon packs that were only £1.49 for 3 rolls of 5 Metres each. I of course could not pass up such a bargain as I love me some ribbon. I made a looped bow (blooming fiddly, probably took longer than the rest of the card) I added a gemstone brad to the centre to pick out the blue from the shaker snowflakes. The sentiment was the final touch and I kept it simple to not detract from the rest of the card.
Beccy, thank you so very much for these fabulous challenges. I really hoped to be able to do them each day and I am sad to have missed out 7 of them. I have truly enjoyed taking part, tried new things and new techniques. The inspiration you have given us each day and the lovely comments on every card must take you a long while. You are so generous to us all and I hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as we all do. With a bit of luck by the time the linky ends we will have beaten last year's high score of 1166 entrants too.
Card Details -
Size - 8" x 8"
Die - Frosted Flurry (Crafter's Companion)
Embellishments - Ribbon, gem brad, confetti snowflakes
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- Aud Sentiments - #265 Anything Goes plus Sentiment
- Beccy’s Place Challenges - Month of Holiday Cards - Day 30 Do What You Love
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #578 Winter
- Crafty Catz - #529 Anything Goes/Baby It's Cold Outside
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #518 Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #200 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #198 Anything Goes
- Krafty Chicks - #535 All Occasions
- Paper Shelter - #451 Christmas Card
- Penny’s Challenge - #485 Anything Goes
- Scrapping4fun Challenges - #180 Snowflakes, Fairies, Angels or Stars
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything Goes
- We Love 2 Create - #12 Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #466-467