In honour of the spectacular Autumn weather we are having I have made a card using the Sunflower image from Pinksy Doodles.
I call sunflowers 'happy flowers' as they have the most wonderful smiley face. There are so many varieties and I have seen some amazing pictures recently of big fluffy headed ones that look stunning. I have even seen a photo of one on Facebook growing out of someones's chimney.
This digital stamp set from the Pinksy Doodles store has the leaves and flower head as separate image, also a page which is suitable to decoupage as shown below. It really is a very versatile set and amazing value for money.
I printed the image of the full sunflower 3 times as I wanted to decoupage the head and leaves. The bottom layer was left whole, the 2nd layer is the middle petals on the flower head and I cut the set of leaves from this. The final layer is the seed centre and I used the leaves to create an extra embellishment.
I have coloured the image with my beloved Promarkers. I then fussy cut the layers as required and they are mounted onto thin foam squares.
In the close up below you can see the bead detail I added to the centre. I put a thin layer of Glossy Accents down to act as an adhesive. I then carefully placed seed beads on the markings on the stamp. The rest of the circle was then filled with tiny Accent Beads. I then added a thicker layer of Glossy Accents on the top to encase it all. This makes it so shiny and the dimension on both the petals and centre makes this a very tactile card.
I used one of the sketches from the latest challenge at Cut It Up for the layout and rotated it to fit my image.
I used a sheet of A4 card for the base and covered it with the coloured flower paper from an old pad Woodland Folk from Papermania. This has been one of my most used autumn themed pads over the years. The colours on the flowers are a perfect compliment to this Autumn themed card.
The second paper is from an old Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine freebie Home Grown by Hot Off The Press. It dates back to 2014! All my patterned paper pads have been split up and organised by colour and the type of pattern. I simply went into my section of 'orange/small flowers' and experimented with patterns and colours until I found the combination I was happy with. I have never been afraid to mix and match suppliers and collections of paper that are intended to go together. I use Evernote to organise my supplies and have a photo of the contact sheet on the front of the paper pad which is useful for matching up which pad the paper has come from.
I cut the image and the mat layer using dies from the Rococo Frames set from Crafter's Companion. I love how ornate it is and that you can see a lot of the papers through it. It is quite large as well which is perfect for me as I tend to make more larger cards. Digital images are especially perfect for this is you have the flexibility to make the image as big as you need.
With the spare leaves I made a corner embellishment using some 3d flower stickers I bought from the poundshop a million years ago. I am sure many UK crafters bought the same ones. The sticky pads gave up the ghost a long time ago but that is easily replaced. I added a sentiment banner that was mounted on a scrap of the brown card and finally I added some tiny glittery butterfly stickers because what sunflower would be complete without a little butterfly or 2?
Head on over to the Pinksy Doodles store to check out the digital images, papers and cut files. The collection is ever expanding and you can be inspired and see the examples from our amazing Design Team.
Card Details -
Size – A5
Papers – Woodland Folk by Papermania & Home Grown by HOTP
Colouring Medium - Promarkers
Embellishments – seed beads, accent beads, glossy accents, 3 paper stickers, glitter butterfly stickers
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create - #238 Anything Goes & Winged Things
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #10 Anything Goes
- AAA Birthday - #18 Photo Inspiration (Autumn colours & Sunflowers)
- All Fun Challenges - #17 Anything Goes
- Aud Sentimentst - #262 Fall/Autumn or Halloween
- CD Sunday Plus - #46 Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #10 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #40 Anything Goes
- Crafting Happiness - #69 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #523 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #197 Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #25 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #195 Anything Goes
- Cut It Up - #211 Sketch for Layout
- Dare 2B Artzy - Autumn / Fall
- Die Cut Divas - Autumn or Halloween
- Digi Choosday - #41 Anything Goes
- Gem of A Challenge - #21 Anything Goes
- I Love Promarkers - #421 Anything Goes & Birthday
- Make My Monday - #133 Orange as the dominant colour
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Papercraft Challenges - #63 Autumn Colours
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge - #175 Autumn/Fall or Halloween
- Penny’s Challenge - #482 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #41 Anything Goes
- Scrapping4fun Challenges - #177 Digi & 2 word sentiment
- Sheepski Designs - #43 Autumn/Fall or Halloween
- Sisterhood of Crafters - Lots of Layers
- Sparkles Monthly Challenges - #133 Hello Autumn
- Stamping Sensations - Autumn Glory
- Stamps & Fun = Creativity - #375 Anything Goes
- Stinkin’ Inkers - Shades of Fall
- Sweet Stampers - #49 Autumn or Halloween
- The Crafting Challenge - Autumn/Fall or Halloween
- The Creative Crafters - #33 Anything Goes
- The Library Challenge - #69 What To Look For In Autumn (inspired by autumn colours, leaves and flora)
- Word Art Wednesday - #460-461 Anything Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #10 Anything Goes