A very good friend of ours has asked me to make a load of Christmas cards for him and particularly liked one that was on my old blog using this image from Imagine That Digistamp. I have always vowed never to make 2 cards exactly the same so said I would do a variation on it for him.
This is the original card which I made all the way back in 2014! Kris had made this pack and asked us on Facebook to suggest sentiments for it. I had put forward 'Forget The Ham Eat Turkey' and she decided to put that in the pack so gave me a set for free. I adore pigs so it was really lovely. It has been retired now though so I am glad I already have it in my collection.
On this new card I have coloured using Promarkers and added a white gel pen to the eyes. I coloured the tree in alternating layers of colour and added some Stickles glitter glue to the leaves and the gold star. The image has been distressed around the edges with a black ink pad.
The base of the card has been made using an A4 sheet of matte gold. To this I added a layer using an offcut of the tartan cardstock leftover from a card I made last week to make it more Christmassy.
Finally the sentiment was trimmed and layered onto an offcut of mirror gold cardstock.
I really think that some of the piggies look like Percy Pig sweeties from M&S. They have just brought out a glass jar for £15 with a Percy Pig face on it with 1 KG of sweets in it. I was so tempted to buy one as I can obviously use the jar for allsorts of things in my craft room but resisted buying when I was in there last week.
It took great strength to walk away I can tell you 😋
Card Details -
Size - A5
Image - Hogs & Kisses set (retired) - Imagine That Digistamp
Colouring Medium - Promarkers & white gel pen
Paper - Traditional Christmas Pad - The Works
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #43 Anything Goes with a critter
- 613 Avenue Create - #238 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #10 Anything Goes
- All Fun Challenges - #17 Anything Goes
- Arty Divas - #30 Anything Goes
- Cardz TV - #125 Anything Goes
- CCC Digi Creations - #119 Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - #46 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #39 Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #10 Anything Goes
- Craft Rocket Challenge - #75 Add Sparkle
- Crafting Happiness - #69 Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals - #43 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #522 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #511 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Creative Moments - #200 Always Anything Goes
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday - Anything Goes
- Gem of A Challenge - #21 Anything Goes
- Ike’s World Challenge - #137 Anything Goes
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- Krafty Chicks - #528 Christmas
- Let’s Craft & Create - #164 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #51 Anything Goes
- Merry Little Christmas - #27 Anything Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #42 Anything Goes/ Optional Distressing
- Moving Along With The Times - #123 Animals or Birds
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #41 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Make It Sparkle
- Stamps & Fun = Creativity - #375 Anything Goes
- Sweet Stampin’ - Use Your Old Stash (digi stamp from 2013)
- Tuesday Throwdown - #467 Make It Sparkle
- Word Art Wednesday - #460-461 Anything Goes