Today is World Card Making Day.
For the last few years I have completely missed it but I was determined not to this time.
It is a very wet and extremely dull day so perfect for making cards. I have some I can't show yet as they are for Design Teams but I did make a Christmas card.
In a very rare move for me I got messy and inky. It is something I don't usually do but I was experimenting with an embossed background and it kind of went from there really.
I had used the Confetti Burst embossing folder from Crafter's Companion. I had used a dark blue card which has a white core but I had accidentally embossed the wrong side so I had a sheet of white card. I wondered how easy it would be use it in a different way than intended.
I had just had a pot of Spectrum Noir Sparkle Ink from Crafter's Companion in a lucky bag so got some scrap paper on my work mat and added kept plating with ink and silver gilding wax until I was reasonable happy with the result.
I covered the card blank with a textured silver paper from my stash. On the embossed inky panel I added a glitter snowflake which was bought as a Christmas tree ornament from Asda. A pack of 10 was only £1 and I knew they would make fab embellishments for cards. I used some very thin wire to add it to the panel. There is so much glitter it is unlikely that it would have stayed on very well otherwise. The panel was then added to the card with strong double sided tape.
I added some silver holographic sequins and some silver glitter glue. However I hadn't realised that the ink would turn the glitter blobs purple so it is a bit more subtle than I had intended.
Finally I added a foiled sentiment which has been recycled from mass produced Christmas card previously received.
I hope any visitors to my blog were also able to make a card on this most important of days to us card makers 😁
Card Details -
Size - A5
Colouring Medium - Spectrum Noir Amethyst Sparkle Ink & silver rub-on wax
Embellishments - Glitter snowflake, sequins, glitter glue
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #10 Anything Goes
- All Fun Challenges - #16 Anything Goes
- Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
- Cardz TV - #124 Anything Goes
- CCC Digi Creations - #119 Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #10 Anything Goes
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #571 Anything Goes
- Craft Rocket Challenge - #75 Add Sparkle
- Crafter’s Castle - #34 Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore - #80 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #521 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #510 Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #194 Anything Goes
- Crimbo Crackers - #216 Anything Christmas Goes
- Cute Card Thursday - #654 Anything Christmas Goes
- Dare 2B Artzy - Favorite Colour Purple
- Friendship Challenge - #58 Use a Sentiment
- Gem of A Challenge - #20 Anything Goes
- Jingle Belles - Snow/snowflake/snowmen
- Love To Craft - #51 Anything Goes
- Merry Little Christmas - #27 Anything Goes Christmas
- Mix It Up Challenge - #42 Anything Goes/Distressing
- Morgan’s Art World - #10 Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Pearly Sparkles - #56 Use Black and/or purple
- Penny’s Challenge - #481 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #39 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything Goes
- We Love 2 Create - # Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes