At Christmas 24 there is a challenge to use the colours Black & Silver.
When I saw the card sketch at Stick it Down I was inspired to make this card. I could see the word snow in the boxes using a snowflake and I made a quick sketch of how I envisioned it.
I used a sheet of A4 black card to make the base and added a silver peel off trim around the edges from Lakeland Limited that I bought years ago. They are on a 10 metre long roll in various widths of silver and gold and have been so useful over the years.
The squares are scraps of silver wrapping paper from Paperchase which have silver snowflakes on them. I only have a few snippets of this paper left which is a shame as I love it so I will have to be on the lookout for something similar. I used my corner rounder punch to trim the corners.
The letters are from a Sizzix Sizzlits alphabet Round-A-Bout. The 'W' was a little bit wider than I would have liked so I trimmed this on the top. These letters are mounted onto some small foam pads.
I cut a frame from a scrap of glitter card from DCWV. I gathered together some snowflakes from my bag of already die cut snowflakes. The black one is a Sizzlits die that both cuts and embosses at the same time. On top of this I added a foam snowflake that I coloured with a Pentel silver paint marker.
To embellish I added a few Papermania self adhesive gems. The sentiment has been recycled from an old shop bought card that I have received.
This is a really CAS style of card for one of mine. I really had to resist the urge to add some silver peel off stickers to the black background. I really struggle to leave so much white space......
Card Details -
Size - A5
Dies - Round-A-Bout Alphabet & Snowflake 2 Cut n Emboss both Sizzix Sizzlits
Colouring Medium - Black Sharpie pen & Pentel silver paint pen
Embellishments - Papermania self adhesive gems
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create – #236 Anything Goes / Use Washi Tape
- A Bit More Time To Craft Extra – Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #8 Anything Goes
- All Fun Challenges - #13 Anything Goes
- Alphabet Challenge – J is for Jewels or Jewellery
- Artsystamper - #21 It’s All About The Sentiment
- Arty Divas - #28 Anything Goes
- Aud Sentiments – #257 Anything Goes
- Christmas 24 - #15 Black & Silver
- Classic Design Challenge - # 8 Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenges - #8 Anything Goes
- Crafting Happiness - #61 Anything Goes
- Crafty Calendar Challenge – Anything Goes
- Crafty Friends - #142 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #502 Anything Goes & No Stamp or digital image
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs – Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #192 Anything Goes
- Creativ Fusion Arts & Crafts - #20 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #191 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #196 Anything Goes
- Crimbo Crackers - #213 Anything Christmas Goes
- Dragonfly Dreams – Anything Goes
- Ike’s World Challenge - #135 Anything Goes
- Krafty Chicks - KCC #520 Christmas
- Lemon Shortbread - #126 Anything Goes
- Let’s Craft & Create - #162 Anything Goes / Lots of Layers
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #139 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #49 Anything Goes
- Make My Monday - #128 Clean & Simple
- Merry Little Christmas - #25 Anything Christmas Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #40 Anything Goes / Heat or Dry Embossing
- Morgan’s Art World - #8 Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Pearly Sparkles - #54 Anything Goes
- Penny’s Challenge - #477 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #32 Anything Goes
- Simply Create Too - #163 Black White & One other colour (silver)
- Stick It Down – Card Sketch
- Try It On Tuesday – Words or Numbers
- Word Art Wednesday - #452-453 Anything Goes