Bugaboo Stamps is having a week of challenges at Catch The Bug to celebrate the annual Christmas in July.
There is a different challenge each day. This is the 10th year that it has been run and I am going to try and complete each day. There is also the chance to win some huge prizes and be a guest DT. I adore Bugaboo Stamps as they suit my bright colourful style and it would be a dream come true to be on Jodie's DT.
Today's is to create a project inspired by the theme Santa's Workshop
I decided to use this cute image Santa Fairy as I thought she looked like a little elf helping with the pressies in Santa's Workshop.
I coloured her with Promarkers, a gold gel pen which I drew lines on the large present and a Sakura clear glitter pen for the wings.
I have used scraps from a great Christmas pad from The Works. I bought it last year and it was amazing value at only £3 for a 12"x12" pad. I used a sheet of dark green card to make the base and added the striped paper to it. The polka dot paper has been trimmed using the Scallop Polka Dot border punch from Martha Stewart.
The image has been matted onto a scrap of gold card. When I trimmed the red paper to size I ended up with a thin strip of paper with dots on and decided to piece the lines on the gift. It was really fiddly to do as only 3mm thick. Fortunately I was able to use a fine tip Quickie Glue Pen from Sakura to stick it on the image and trim the excess away when it was dry.
The sentiment was recycled from an old shop bought Christmas card that I had received. Each of the lines was embossed into it's own rectangle so really easy to cut out and place onto my card.
As a final touch I added some dimension with 4 (yes 4!) 3D stickers that are made with fabric, ribbon and sequins. You know those items you purchase but they are too nice to use (I'm sure we all have them) well I have actually used some of them. I am so proud of myself
Well that is day 1 of this week long challenge completed. I have been ridiculously excited for this week as I love making Christmas cards. Hubby thinks I am bonkers but I'm in my happy place, creating joy and making Christmas cards is the perfect excuse to get your glitter out (and usually wear it too LOL)
Card Details -
Size - A5
Image - Santa Fairy from Bugaboo Stamps
Paper - Cosy Christmas from The Works
Punch - Scallop Polka Dot border punch from Martha Stewart
Colouring Medium - Promarkers, Gel pen, Sakura Clear Glitter pen
Embellishments - 3D Fabric & Ribbon stickers
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create – #235 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft Extra – Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #7 Anything Goes
- ABC Christmas Challenge – O is for Over The Top
- Arty Divas - #26 Anything Goes /Christmas in July
- Aud Sentiments – #255 Christmas in July
- Catch The Bug – Christmas in July Day 1
- Christmas 24 - #14 Ribbon and/or buttons
- Christmas With The Cuties - # 39 2 or More Patterned Papers
- Classic Design Challenge - # 7 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - # 27 Anything Goes
- Country View Challenges – Do What Makes You Happy (making Christmas cards & Colouring)
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #564 Christmas/Humourous
- Crafting Happiness - #57 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #515 Anything Goes/ Fairies
- Crafty Calendar Challenge – Add A Ribbon
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #499 Anything Goes/Use a die cut or punch
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned Paper
- Creatalicious Challenges - #191 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #190 Anything Goes
- Crimbo Crackers - #210 Anything Christmas Goes
- Digi Doodle Studios - #29 Christmas in July
- Di’s Digi Designs – Use Your Scraps (All papers, gold card and sentiment are scraps)
- Gem of A Challenge - #15 Anything Goes
- I Love Promarkers - #414 Christmas in July
- Lemon Shortbread - #124 Anything Goes
- Little Red Wagon – #558 Fantasy (fairy)
- Love To Craft - #48 Anything Goes
- Make My Monday - #126 Stars and/or Stripes
- Merry Little Christmas - #24 Anything Christmas Goes
- My Time To Craft - #436 Christmas in July
- Papercraft Challenges - #60 Fantasy (Fairy)
- Polkadoodles - #29 Anything Goes
- Stinkin’ Inkers – I See Spots
- Sweet Stampers - #46 Christmas in July
- The Fairy & The Unicorn – Anything Fantasy Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #448-449 Anything Goes