This is another card in my series of Hope Butterflies. I have been making these for friends and neighbours using the same Statement Butterfly and sentiment. They have been well received by the recipients so far. It is bringing me joy making them as each one is different. I am using papers from my scrap drawers for the most part. The butterflies were all cut over the same 2 day period. As I am making the cards I am putting together a sketch and pretty papers and voila.
The base layer of the butterfly is an iridescent pink cardstock. This was part of the packaging from some pre-cut die cuts that I had purchased a long time ago. The middle layer is a scrap of DCWV paper. The top layer is white hammered card which has been inked with a pearlescent pink ink pad and white around the edges. Dark purple gems were added to the body.
I used sketch 180 from Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 for the layout of the card.
I have just had a Cartload deal from Crafter's Companion of some of the Vintage Lace collection. There were loads of dies and some pretty papers. The colours are mainly purple & teal and I used these papers to make this card. The base teal textured cardstock and the 2 patterned papers are CC products. the glittery purple cardstock is from my stash.
I have added some home made enamel dots that are made from pony beads that you melt in the oven. I bought a couple of small bags from Ebay and these pearlescent ones worked really well. I found the tutorial here on Creative Bug on the Loose a long time ago and finally got round to making them. I am really pleased with how they turned out.
I used a digital sentiment from McMahon Five Designs who retired some years ago from designing stamps. I coloured the hearts with and red glitter gel pen. This was cut using a Baroque Frame die from Crafter's Companion.
Card Details -
Size - 8" x 8"
Digital Sentiment - McMahon Five Designs (retired)
Colouring Medium - Sakura Glitter Gel Pen & Brilliance Pearlescent Ink Pad
Embellishments - Gemstones & enamel dots
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #38 Anything Goes with a Critter
- 613 Avenue Create – #233 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft - #115 Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #5 Anything Goes
- All Fun Challenges - #7 Anything Goes & Colours
- Allsorts - #570 Butterflies
- Angie’s Digital Stamps - #42 Anything Goes
- Arty Divas - #20 Anything Goes
- Catch The Bug – Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge - #5 Anything Goes
- Crafter’s Castle - #29 Anything Goes
- Crafting Happiness - #47 Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore – #75 Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals - #38 Anything Goes with an Animal
- Crafty Catz - #504 Anything Goes & Sending Hugs
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned paper
- Creatalicious Challenges - #186 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #185 Anything Goes
- Dare 2B Artzy – In The Garden
- Di’s Digi Designs – Die Cuts or Punches
- Digi Choosday - #17 Anything Goes
- Gem of A Challenge - #9 Anything Goes
- Get Creative - #91 Make It Sparkly
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #130 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #46 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap - #133 Anything Goes
- Make My Monday - #121 Use A Digital Stamp
- Mix It Up Challenge - #37 Anything Goes
- Morgan’s Art World - #5 Anything Goes
- Papercraft Business Challenge - #29 Anything goes
- Path of Positivity - #80 Anything Positive
- Polkadoodles - #18 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede – #396 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – Anything Goes
- Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 - Card Layout
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Use Your Stuff - #397 Flowers and/or Butterflies
- We Love 2 Create - #5 Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #436-437 Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes