Over at the Outlawz Challenges there is a progressive freebie challenge. If you complete and upload a card the previous month you will automatically get the image to work with for the following month. It is a great way of using image of a different style than you would usually use and also from different artists.
This month we have been given Amelia Mermaid by Elena Zinski Art. I have coloured with Promarkers and a silver Sharpie for the sunglasses. The image has been mounted onto dark blue card.
I used sketch 182 from Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 for the layout.
I made a smaller version of the fish bowl card so used the same papers as before from my stash. The holographic paper makes it difficult to photograph as I have to be careful not to put a reflection of myself in it but the wave effect does suit the image being in the water.
I found a suitable sentiment from TLC Creations that I have had for years. Paulette is very generous with her freebies and I would definitely recommend that you follow her blog. The sentiment has been coloured with a blue Promarker as I felt leaving it white was too stark.
Finally I added homemade enamel dots which have been made by melting pony beads. I found the tutorial here on Creative Bug on the Loose from many years ago.
Card Details -
Size - 6" x 6"
Image - Amelia Mermaid by Elena Zinski Art
Sentiment - Summer Brings by TLC Creations
Colouring Medium - Promarkers & Silver Sharpie
Embellishments - Homemade enamel dots
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create – #233 Anything Goes
- Always Fun Challenges - #164 Summer Fun
- Arty Divas - #22 Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - # 36 Anything Goes
- Crafting Happiness - #50 Anything Goes
- Crafty Friends - #136 Add Embellishments
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs – Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #187 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #187 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #191 Anything Goes
- Di’s Digi Designs – Include a Sentiment
- Digi Choosday - #21 Anything Goes
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday – Make It Feminine
- Gem of A Challenge - #11 Anything Goes
- I Love Promarkers - #411 Anything Goes & Optional Circles
- Incy Wincy Designs – Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #120 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #132 Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Outlawz Progressive Freebie - May Image
- Passion For Promarkers - #544 It’s A Summer Thing
- Polkadoodles - #21 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede – #399 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Monday – Going Round in Circles
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – Anything goes
- Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 - Card Layout
- The Creative Crafters - #28 Anything Goes
- The Paper Funday Challenge - #17 Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
A great summertime card and I love the sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us.ReplyDelete
CD Sunday Plus DT
She certainly looks different in this card. Great to see the image used in different ways.ReplyDelete
CD Sunday Plus DT
What a fun card! Thank you for sharing at SSSMC!ReplyDelete
Fun card and you matched the sketch perfectly. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges. Donna - DT MemberReplyDelete
Lovely card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!ReplyDelete
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator
What a fun card..... I love it.ReplyDelete
Hey, Mandy, I saw this at the Outlawz but had to visit the blog to leave a DT comment on it, too. :-D I'm delighted to see you playing along at QKR Stampede. Hope you'll join us again on June 1st when we go to a monthly challenge. :-DReplyDelete
Great fun summer card,ReplyDelete
Thank you for joining us
CD Sunday plus DT
Fab card, Mandy ! Your choice of papers are just perfect for this fun image and great colouring too!ReplyDelete
Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Promarkers this week! Lisa x
Lovely looking card. Thanks for playing along with us over at PFP this week.ReplyDelete
Love n hugs
Hi Mandy, a special card for celebrating summer, love the blues, thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCFReplyDelete
Oh Mandy I do love your card, what a great image and those waves of the ocean a perfect. Great colours as well. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.ReplyDelete
Another fabulous card! Thanks for joining us for Week 11 at Gem of a Challenge!ReplyDelete
A wonderful card Mandy! Great design!ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for linking up at my Crafty Wednesday challenge! I'm sorry I'm running late commenting! A new theme was just posted for June, hope you'll stop by to check it out!
Simply adorable card, love the image!!ReplyDelete
So glad you shared with us at 613 Avenue Create for the challenge! Good Luck!
¸ • .. ‘)) -: |:-. •’. • ‘)) * ((¸¸. •’ .. • ‘
Hugs ~ DT Shell 💕
What a great project! So cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at Digi Choosday good luck and hope to see you again!ReplyDelete
Thanks for playing at I Love Promarkers Challenge.
Love the colours. I am sorry I am so late commenting but I have and computer issues and no one available to fix it. Thank you for sharing your project with us at Crazy Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Myrna S. Design Team Member. Please also join us for our weekly Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Card Challenge at http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/ReplyDelete
Cool card!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! 😊 Have a happy crafty day!!! So sorry this is late, but things have been crazy lately, haven’t they!!!ReplyDelete
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper
A lovely card!ReplyDelete
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional pink & purple” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Crafty Friends)
(DT The Sketchy Challenges)
(DT Simply Create Too)
PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…