This is another card in my series of Hope Butterflies. I have been making these for friends and neighbours using the same Statement Butterfly and sentiment. They have been well received by the recipients so far. It is bringing me joy making them as each one is different. I am using papers from my scrap drawers for the most part. The butterflies were all cut over the same 2 day period. As I am making the cards I am putting together a sketch and pretty papers and voila.
The butterfly was made from gold card as the base layer, dotty green paper for the middle and then cream linen textured card for the top. The top layer has been inked with a pearlescent pink ink pad and I have added pink gems to the centre body.
On the Outlawz Crash Your Stash challenge they were encouraging you to pull out your forgotten doilies. I have some heart shaped ones and there are flowers and hearts on it. I used pink and green Promarkers and coloured certain parts of it.
I used the current sketch 808 from Stella Says Sketch for the layout. I rotated it to put a landscape card together.
The base of the card has been covered with a paper that was a magazine freebie. I used a Martha Stewart punch to create a green trellis and then added the doily and butterfly on top.
I used a digital sentiment from McMahon Five Designs who retired some years ago from designing stamps. I coloured the hearts with and pink glitter gel pen and matted it onto gold card.
This card has been given to my Mother in Law to cheer her up and she said she loved it as it is so pretty.
Card Details -
Size - A5
Digital Sentiment - McMahon Five Designs (retired)
Punch - Garden Trellis Border by Martha Stewart
Colouring Medium - Sakura Glitter Gel Pen & Brilliance Pearlescent Ink Pad
Embellishments - Gemstones
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create – #232 Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #4 Anything Goes
- All Fun Challenges - #6 Anything Goes
- Angie’s Digital Stamps - #41 Anything Goes
- Arty Divas - #20 Anything Goes
- Catch The Bug – Bingo (Flower, Sparkle, Sentiment)
- CCC Digi Creations - #113 Add a Flower / Flowers
- CD Sunday Plus - # 33 Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #4 Anything Goes
- Country View Crafts – Animal Magic
- Crafting Happiness - #45 Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals - #37 Anything Goes with an Animal
- Crafty Catz - #503 Anything Goes & add a sentiment
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned paper
- Creative Fingers - #184 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #189 Anything Goes
- Di’s Digi Designs – Pretty In Pastel
- Dragonfly Dreams – Add a Flower/Flowers
- Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge - ATG with a Die / Diecut
- Ike’s World Challenge - #131 Anything Goes
- Krafty Chicks - KCC #504 All Occasions
- Lemon Shortbread - #118 Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Path of Positivity - #78 Anything Positive/Style
- Polkadoodles - #16 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede – #395 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – Flower Power
- Stella Says Sketch - #808 Sketch for Layout
- The Library Challenge - #57 A Child’s Garden of Verses (Butterflies & Flowers on cover)
- Use Your Stuff - #396 Mood Board
- Word Art Wednesday - #436-437 Anything Goes