There is a little boy that lives over the road from us that we have seen growing up from being a tiny baby to the lovely little lad that he is now. With the current lockdown situation he put a handmade drawing through the door that he had made into a card. It was such a lovely thought.
I knew he probably would miss out on many of his Easter gifts so I thought I would make him a little gift box and include a toy and an egg.
I have had a Sweet Treats embossing board set from Crafter's Companion for a long time and not previously used them so thought it would be the perfect opportunity to make a little gift box with it.
I used 2 sheets of card and followed the embossing lines to score the outline of the box. You do this twice and then cut the sections out and fold along the score lines. I used the strong red line double sided tape to stick it together. By cutting the slit in the top flap this is how the box closes up.
Once the box was completed I then proceeded to decorate it. I used Docrafts alphabet stickers to personalise it with his name. I used an assortment of die cuts and 3D stickers with the easter theme to decorate. Some were magazine freebies, some were from Poundland. All have been in my stash for many years.
The inside of the gift box has some green tissue paper to line it with a Cadbury's Creme Egg and a little raccoon stuffed toy that I hoped he would like. We went out for a walk today and saw him and he came running over to say thankyou which was lovely. I also gave his Parents one of the butterfly cards I have been making recently which they loved. It was nice to have brought them a little bit of happiness.
Project Details -
Embellishments - 3d stickers and cardstock die cuts
I would like to enter this project into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #37 Anything Goes with a Critter
- 613 Avenue Create – #232 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft - #113 Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #4 Anything Goes
- Alphabet Challenge – A is for Anything Goes
- Arty Divas - #19 Anything Goes
- Aud Sentiments – #248 Anything Goes With A Sentiment
- Catch The Bug – Spring Fling
- Classic Design Challenge - #4 Anything Goes
- Country View Crafts – Animal Magic
- Crafty Animals - #37 Anything Goes with an Animal
- Crafty Catz - #501 Anything Goes
- Crafty Friends - #133 Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #184 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #188 Anything Goes
- Cut It Up - #197 Easter (Cardstock die cuts)
- Gem of A Challenge - #8 Anything Goes
- Let’s Craft & Create - #158 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #129 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #45 Anything Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #36 Anything Goes
- Morgan’s Art World - #4 Anything Goes
- My Time To Craft - #429 Easter Cuties
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Papercraft Business Challenge - #28 Easter
- Pearly Sparkles - #50 Bunnies, Birds and/or Bears
- Sheepski Designs - #37 Show us Your Wings
- Simply Create Too - #159 Anything But A Card
- Sparkles Forum Challenge - #126 Easter
- The Crafting Challenge - Anything Goes / Easter
- The Paper Funday Challenge - #16 Anything Goes & Optional Easter
- Unstampabelles - #99 Creative Souls
- Use Your Stuff - #395 Easter
- We Love 2 Create - #4 Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes