One of Paul's work colleagues is from Sri Lanka and recently went to visit family over there.
He brought a gift in for Paul of some Ceylon tea. He is not keen on tea but I love it. I had never had Ceylon tea before but found it was absolutely gorgeous. Such a fresh clean taste and completely different to my favourite Yorkshire tea.
Of course I dis some research and found it is not easy to get Ceylon tea in the UK and you certainly cannot get the plantation fresh Zesta. It looks like I might be able to get some from Whittard though so will pop in there when I next go to Birmingham shopping.
However, Sanjeewa surprised me by giving a second box of tea to Paul for me. I was so blown away by this lovely gesture from someone I have not personally met that I wanted to make a card to show my gratitude.
I had my car serviced last week and popped to The Range and found this little teapot die for only £1 so that was a perfect starting point.
I used the May sketch from STAMPlorations as inspiration for the layout although I didn't have enough space to get the layout quite on point. Hope you will forgive me for using a bit of artistic license
The card base is covered with some red spotty card which has been recycled from an old Christmas card. This was actually the inside of a card...... too good to waste in the recycling bin so recycled in my craft drawer instead. I have distressed the outside edge with an almost dry mini ink pad. I'm not really one for the grungy look but find this helps to knock harsh edges back a little.
The square white panels have been cut using a Spellbinders Nestabilities die from the Lacy Squares set. I drew around the inside of the frame with a gold gel pen. The Teapot is an Xcut Dinky die. I cut 1 out in red and another in a dark green to provide the contrast for the hearts. The etched lines on the teapot lid have been highlighted with a white gel pen and a Sakura clear glitter pen has been used on the hearts.
The second panel is embellished with one of the tags from the tea making it completely personal to the recipient. The third panel has a chipboard teacup embellishment from my stash.
I used a rubber stamp from Hero Arts for the sentiment. This was printed onto plain white card, coloured tea brown with a Flexmarker and the added a red glitter gel pen. This was then fussy cut an all panels mounted onto 3d foam squares. Finally a bit of bling added to the corners as it looked a bit too CAS for me....
The recipient loved his card and that makes me very happy.
Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card size – 6" x 4"
Paper – Recycled card from an old Christmas card
Die Cut - Teapot XCut Dinky Die (only £1)
Sentiment – Hero Arts Sentiment cling rubberstamp CG132
Tools – Rubber stamps, gel pens, Flexmarker, self-adhesive gems
Techniques – Rubber Stamping, Fussy Cut
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- 613 Avenue Create – #221 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft - #92 Anything Goes
- A Gem of A Challenge - #9 Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #5 Anything Goes
- Alphabet Challenge – D is for Distressed (edges of paper)
- Artistic Inspirations – #215 Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge - #5 Anything Goes
- Crafting By Designs – Anything Goes
- Crafting From The Heart - #242 Anything Goes
- Crafting With An Attitude - #51 Anything Goes
- Crafting With Friends - #3 Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore – #63 Anything Goes
- Crafty Calendar Challenge – Distress It
- Crafty Creations – #391 Anything Goes
- Crafty Friends - #110 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #163 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #169 Anything Goes
- Digi Choosday - #21 Anything Goes
- DL Artful Challenge - #243 Coffee Tea or Chocolate
- Dragonfly Dreams - Anything Goes
- Get Creative - #80 Anything Goes
- Happy Craft Challenge - Anything Goes
- Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge - ATG with a Die / Diecut
- House That Stamps Built – M2219 Anything Goes
- Ike’s World Challenge - #112 Anything Goes / E is for Embossing
- Incy Wincy Designs – Embellishments
- Jo’s Scrap Shack - #282 Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #94 Anything Goes
- Let’s Craft & Create - #147 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #106 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #34 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap - #121 Anything Goes
- Morgan’s Art World - #05 Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Outlawz Festive Fridays - Anything Goes
- Outlawz Twisted Thursday - Use 3 Squares
- Papercraft Business Challenge - #18 Anything Goes
- Pile It On – #154 Beverage or Food
- QKR Stampede – #348 Anything Goes
- Simply Create Too - #149 Anything Goes
- STAMPlorations Challenge - Sketch for layout
- The Crafty Addicts - 60 Anything Goes
- The Creative Crafters - #16 Anything Goes
- The Paper Girls - #176 Your Favourite Drink
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- We Love 2 Create - #5 Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #388-389 Anything Goes