The little boy that lives over the road from us is 5 years old and we have been invited to his birthday party. He loves Super Heroes so I made him a personalised card using this stamp AKV Super Hero from Bugaboo Stamps. He features as one of the stamps in the AKV Super Heroes pack which will be retiring soon so if you want him ad his pals you will have to get in quickly.
I have coloured the image using Promarkers in the Captain America colours and created a second layer of the shield so I could decoupage it.
I used the latest Stella Says Sketch 812 for the layout of the card. I used a bit of artistic licence for the centre panel though as I couldn't make my image fit across the whole card.
The papers are all from my scraps and I used some silver self adhesive tape to cover the join between the 2 papers.
The sentiment has been cut with a Spellbinders Nestabilities die Reverse Wonky Rectangles. The star banner is Star Bunting from Joanna Sheen. You get 5 flags on the die and I trimmed it down to fit across the corner. I have mounted these onto the card using 3d foam squares. Peeling off the backing left the star sticky so this was perfect for adding some glitter to it.
I added silver Stickles glitter glue to some of the stars and spots on the papers as well as the clouds and puffs of smoke (or poopy power as my hubby named it!) The cape has had some Glamour dust glitter added to make it stand out better from the rest of the outfit.
Finally the shield has been treated with Glossy Accents to make it really shiny. I then left the card to completely dry overnight.
Hopefully my little man Dylan will love it. We have seen him growing up from 15 months to now 5 years and is such a lovely little boy so I wanted to make something special for him.
Card Details -
Size - A5
Colouring Medium - Promarkers
Embellishments - Stickles Glitter glue, Loose red ultrafine glitter, Glamour Dust, Glossy Accents
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create – #235 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft - #120 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft Extra – Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #7 Anything Goes
- Always Fun Challenges - #171 Red White & Blue Mood Board
- Art Impressions Stamps – #287 Sparkle & Shine
- Arty Divas - #26 Anything Goes
- Artystamper - #19 Red White & Blue
- Ching-Chou Kuik – Die Cuts or Punches
- Classic Design Challenge - # 7 Anything Goes
- Clever Dexter - # 7 All That Sparkles Sponsored by Polkadoodles
- Colouring in Scrapland - Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - # 27 Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenges - #7 Anything Goes
- Craft Rocket Challenge - #72 For Men or Boys
- Crafting Happiness - #57 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #515 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs – Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #191 Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #22 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #190 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #194 Anything Goes
- Creative Sketchy Girls - #49 Male Card
- Cutie Pie Challenges – #149 Delightful Digi Stamps
- Digi Choosday - #28 Anything Goes
- Get Creative Challenges - #93 Birthday
- Ike’s World Challenge - #134 Anything Goes
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- LeAnn’s World 101 - #28 Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #124 Anything Goes
- Let’s Craft & Create - #161 Anything Goes / Optional Stars & stripes
- Love To Craft - #48 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap - #135 Anything Goes
- Make My Monday - #126 Stars and/or Stripes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #39 Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Penny’s Challenge - #475 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #28 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – For A Child
- Simply Create Too - #162 Red White & Blue
- Sparkles Monthly Challenges - #130 Red White & Blue
- Stella Says Sketch - #812 Sketch for Layout
- Stinkin’ Inkers – I See Spots
- The Crafting Challenge – Bright Colours
- The Creative Crafters - #30 Anything Goes
- The Paper Funday Challenge - #19 Anything Goes
- The Paper Girls - #203 Stars & Stripes (hope the papers are in stripes is okay?)
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #07 Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #448-449 Anything Goes