The prompt for Day 21 at Beccy's Place month long holiday challenge is to use scraps. I have been using scraps on many occasions so that really is not much of a challenge for me.
I decided to make a patchwork background from several different patterns to do something different to anything I have done before.
I selected several scraps in blues, silver and white. Some are strips are recycled from Christmas cards, some are foiled, some are glittered. Lots of patterns and textures. The squares are 1.7cm in size and I placed several together to make a quilted frame.
This frame was then cut to size and attached to the card base. The gold background is a mesh frame added to a black base to make the colour pop. The frame has been covered with glittery washi tape. The snowman has been pieced together from recycled scraps. To this I added a glittery pom pom and an oval gem nose. The frame is mounted onto some holographic card and then 3d foam squares.
To break up the background I added some fabric snowflakes that are in a hologram foiled finish and then some gems to the the centres.
Card Details :-
Size - 6" x 6"
Embellishments - Pom pom, gems, washi tape, fabric snowflakes
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order): -
- Beccy’s Place – November Holiday Challenge Day 21 Use Scraps
- Christmas With The Cuties - # 33 Santa Hat
- Crafty Creations – #403 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #465 Anything Christmas
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Snowman
- Creative Moments - #181 Anything Goes
- Fab ’n’ Funky - #459 Christmas
- Outlawz Festive Fridays - Anything Goes
- Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes - Frosty The Snowman
- The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - #61 Anything Christmas Goes
- Time Out Challenges - #149 Celebrations
- Try It On Tuesday - Inspired by Song Frosty The Snowman