For Day 6 at Beccy's Place Month of Holiday Challenge the prompt is to CASE yourself.
This card is a variation of one that I made last year. The original one I made before was for a particular friend who is very elegant and so I made it more clean and sophisticated to suit her style.
This is not how I had intended to use this embossing folder though when I purchased it.
This time, in true Christmas Mandy styleee I went all out with lots and lots of gems for added sparkle.
The scalloped card base is 8" and the actual embossing folder is 6" so it makes a really big impact. The cardstock is textured with a coloured core so you can sand the top layer back to reveal the colour. This has then been layered onto a snowflake patterned vellum and layers of blue card to bring out the colours.
The centre embellishment is a from a plastic flower trim I got from an Indian clothing store many years ago. Quite often the trims they use to embellish saris are really different to traditional ribbons and can be used in cardmaking by cutting individual motifs from them.
Finally I have added clear and blue gems to the individual areas of the embossing folder. There are so many points that you can do this you could easily make it look different every time.
Card Details -
Size - 8" x 8"
Embellishments - Plastic flower centre, self adhesive gems
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- Addicted to Stamps and More - #417 Christmas
- As You Like It - Favourite Circular Embellishment (gem as they are in so many colours and sizes and add oodles of sparkle)
- Beccy’s Place Challenges - Month of Holiday Cards Day 6 - CASE yourself
- Christmas Crafts All Year Round - Something Starting with U, V or W (vellum)
- Crafter’s Café - #277 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #567 Anything Christmas Goes
- Creative Knockouts - #426 Lots of Layers
- Dragonfly Dreams - Christmas / Winter
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies - #2144 Anything Goes
- Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge - #2 Anything Christmas Goes