I positioned the butterfly so it looks like it is about to land on the flowers. That is one of the things I love about digital stamps. With only very limited skills you can create a scene by changing the positions of your elements, rotating, flipping, you name it. I had planned that the butterfly would be in 3 layers. The flat background, the medium layer with top wing, the top layer with the bottom wing. The body is glued together on all layers. The wings are curled to add dimension. You can see all the details in the 2nd image. I used Promarker and Spectrum Noir pens to colour each layer.
I have highlighted the three circles in the frame by using small self adhesive gems. One frame in purple, one in bright pink, one in clear crystals. This gives separation to each circle and show how they intertwine with one another like an armillary sphere.
The image has been matted onto pink card and I used a pen to run a darker pink around the outside edge.
The patterned paper is one of my favourites from DCWV. I of course love the colour and the fact it has spots of glitter all over it. The tiny flowers are a perfect compliment to the Cosmos Flower Circle.
I added some bright pink ribbon, a butterfly crystal sticker and a Craftwork Cards foiled sentiment to complete my card.
My card has been used as an example in the Etsy store and I let out a huge eeek of excitement when I saw it. I imagine that is how designers feel when they see their cards on Create and Craft or that sort of thing LOL
Anyhoo, I am really excited by this new venture. Since I joined the team Clare has already designed some fabulous stamps and some really intricate cutting files. I don't have that kind of a machine but they are honestly so beautiful. I am already inspired by some of the digi stamps that have been designed and really looking forward to creating with them.
It would be lovely if you could come and check out the ever growing range in the Etsy store. The items are such fabulous prices. As new items are added myself and the other designers will be creating beautiful projects which will feature on all our Social platforms pages such as Instagram, Facebook and Blogger.
- AAA Birthday - #17 Animals & Critters
- All Fun Challenges - #16 Anything Goes
- Artsystamper - #24 Ribbons & Bows
- As You Like It Challenge – Favourite Bright, very rare I make pastel projects, I like bold shades as they are bright and cheerful and reflect my personality better
- Cardz TV - #124 Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - # 45 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #37 Anything Goes
- Crafting Happiness - #68 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #520 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper – Any Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #24 Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Cottage - #133 Include an Animal
- Dare 2B Artzy – Favourite Colour (purple)
- Digi Choosday - #39 Anything Goes
- Dragonfly Dreams – Happy Birthday
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday – Things With Wings
- Gem of A Challenge - #20 Anything Goes
- House That Stamps Built – S2320 Anything Goes
- Incy Wincy Designs – Let’s Celebrate
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - #Anything Goes
- Krafty Chicks – #526 All Occasions
- Lemon Shortbread – #129 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #142 Anything Goes
- Little Red Wagon - #568 Celebrate
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Paper Shelter - #442 Blast From The Past (DCWV paper & crystal butterfly sticker
- Passion For Promarkers - #562 Anything Goes Except Christmas
- Polkadoodles - #39 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Animal Antics
- Sweet Stampers – #48 Things With Wings
- The Creative Crafters – #32 Anything Goes
- The Paper Girls - #208 Pick 3 (Flowers, gold, lots of layers
- We Love 2 Create - #10 Anything Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team - #09 Anything Goes