Over at the Outlawz Challenge there is a monthly Progressive Freebie Challenge. If you have taken part in the previous month you get a new image to play with. This month we have an image and 2 sentiments from the Signs of Autumn set by Jan's Digi Stamps.
Autumn is my favourite season. I love the slight crispness that you get in the air, the sun is not so hot and burny and the leaves start to turn into the most magical of colours. Also at the end of the month it is my birthday and also my wedding anniversary so lots of good things to look forward to.
This image was an absolute delight to work with. I coloured the image using a combination of Promarker and Spectrum Noir pens. I wanted to use lots of colours to emulate the leaves in yellows, oranges, reds, greens & browns. The jar is coloured a very pale grey with a darker seal. I added some silver gel pen to the metal clasp. The jar has a layers os subtle sparkle from a Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen. This really doesn't show up on photos well at all but I promise it is there in real life.
The base of the card is brown card stock from Aldi cut into a 6" square. This gives a nice strip of scrap card stock so this was used to mat the image.
The glittery leaves patterned paper is from a Dovecraft Pack Neighbourwood which has lots of leafy patterned papers in it, perfect for autumn projects. The 'ribbon' is an offcut of paper from the Papermania Birdsong pad.
Following the prompt on the sketch I added 3 square brown gems and a little sentiment tag from a HOTP Earthtones Creative Pack. When I first started making cards 20 years ago I bought a few of those pads and still have loads of tags and papers left. I mounted this onto a scrap of gold card and added a gold self adhesive puffy dot. The tag and image are mounted onto 3d foam for added dimension.
Card Details -
Size - 6" Square
Colouring Medium - Promarker, Spectrum Noir, Silver gel pen, Spectrum Noir Clear glitter overlay
Embellishments - gold puffy dome sticker, square gems
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create – #237 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft - #124 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft Extra – Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #9 Anything Goes
- All Fun Challenges - #15 Anything Goes
- Aud Sentiments – #260 Anything Goes
- Cardz TV - #123 Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - # 44 Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - # 9 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #36 Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenges - #9 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #519 Anything Goes
- Crafty Friends - #145 Autumn Colours
- Crafty Gals Corner - #211 Fall Colours
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs – Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #195 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #193 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #198 Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday - #652 Autumn
- Digi Choosday - #37 Anything Goes
- Friendship Challenge - #57 – Autumn
- Gem of A Challenge - #19 Anything Goes
- I Love Promarkers - #419 Anything Goes
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #128 Anything Goes
- Little Red Wagon – #567 Nature, Flora or Fauna
- Morgan’s Art World - #9 Anything Goes
- Passion For Promarkers - #560 Leaves / Foliage
- Penny’s Challenge - #480 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #37 Anything Goes
- Scrapping4fun Challenges - #175 Anything Goes
- Sisterhood of Crafters – Autumn Inspiration
- Try Stamping on Tuesdays - #474 Leaves and colours
- Try Stamping on Tuesdays - #475 Sketch
- Uniko Challenge – #61 Anything Goes / Thanks
- Word Art Wednesday - #456-457 Anything Goes