My Hubby asked me to make a card for a lady he knows well who is expecting a baby soon.
He didn't know at that stage if Mummy-to-be knew the sex of the baby so we went for a gender neutral approach and included pink, blue, green and yellow as the colours for the elements.
All papers used are from my scraps drawer. The card is 5 in size and I used a polka dot paper which has been distressed with an inkpad to knock the brightness back a little.
The layout of the card was from the last Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge. I am however too late to enter but wanted to thank them for the sketch anyway.
The base panel is some holographic card with stars on which provides a bit of twinkle and a nice contrast to the white circles that have been cut from the Nellie Snellen Flower Circles Dies.
All the dies are cut from 3 layers of white card layered onto one another and coloured with Promarkers, Flexmarkers, gel pens and Sakura clear glitter pens. This is a technique I had seen on a YouTube video that seems to make it into a 'Thicker' dimensional sticker and is a lot less fiddly to stick together with a Xyron sticker maker than adding 3d foam squares would have been.
The baby head and bottle are from a Sizzlits 4 die set. The baby booties are a Marianne Creatable dies My First Shoes and the Baby Clothes Line is a Sizzlits decorative strip. Most of these dies I have had for along time and it is the 1st time I have used them. The clothes line I am particularly pleased with as there are so many elements that can be used on their own.
Just after I had finished the card we found out that the baby is due to be a boy so I made it with a blue insert and matching envelope.
Card Size - A5
Dies - Sizzlits 4 Baby Die Set, Sizzlits Decorative Strip Baby Clothes Line, Nellie Snellen Flower Circles, Marianne Creatables My First Shoes
Colouring tools - Promarkers & Flexmarkers, Gel pens, Sakura Glitter pen
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Artistic Inspirations – #216 Anything Goes
- Aud Sentiments – #229 Anything Goes & sentiment
- Colour Crazy Challenge - # 23 Anything Goes
- Crafting By Designs – Anything Goes
- Crafting With An Attitude - #52 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #467 Anything Goes & Optional Circles
- Crafty Creations – #392 Anything Goes
- Crafty Gals Corner - #194 Polka Dots or Stripes
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creativ Fusion Arts & Craft - #12 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #166 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #171 Anything Goes
- Everybody Art – #449 Anything Goes
- Get Creative - #81 Anything Goes
- I Love Promarkers - #386 Anything Goes / More Than One Layer
- Lemon Shortbread - #96 Anything Goes
- Outlawz Festive Fridays - Anything Goes
- Outlawz Saturday Paper A La Mode - Use Your Scraps
- Outlawz Twisted Thursday - Anything Goes
- Paper Shelter - #388 Spots or Dots
- QKR Stampede – #351 Anything Goes
- Simply Create Too - #150 Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #392-393 Anything Goes