Imagine That Digistamp have started the Progressive Challenges. If you completed a card using the Digi of the Month you automatically get the following month emailed to you. If not you can purchase that stamp for a reduced price.
The stamp set this month is Panda Love Drops. You get the cute image in outline and colour, 4 sentiments and 3 papers. So many uses for this set.
I have been without a colour printer for a long time. The Epsom inkjet printer we have was a good one but no longer supported and we cannot get a printer driver for it that will work with either a Mac which we both have or a Windows machine which hubby can use a virtual machine. it really, really annoys me that a perfectly good machine is rendered useless when the software is not updated, it is just so wasteful (sorry for ranting....)
Hubby did an experiment with hooking it up directly the Linux server. As long as I save it out as a pdf then hubby can print. The ink cartridges that are in it still work and we have some spares still so we will use what we have and then re-assess when the consumables have gone.
I had not intended to make this card using the pre-coloured image but hubby asked me to create a pdf as a test print so I decided to put together the elements so make this card. I use a program called Affinity Designer and it is great for creating fully digital projects as well as pages ready to print so easy to create a PDF file such as this.
I had laid out what I wanted to use in a specific layout but then noticed that the current sketch from Cheerful Sketches Challenge would work with a bit of tweaking so went with that.
The card base is a sheet of card folded into a 6" square. I added the heart paper leaving a border around the edge.
I trimmed more of the cardstock to suit the sketch and added the strip of word paper from the kit, trimming the bottom edge. The panda image was then added on top.
The sentiment I have matted with a scrap of red card. I then added a red swirly epoxy sticker heart. This was from an unopened pack of Royal & Langnickel heart stickers that came from The Works a very, very long time ago. Got to be at least 8 years! The sentiment and heart loosely echo the 3 flowers so I am happy with how that turned out.
After not being able to print in colour for so long I cannot tell you how happy making this card has made me. It is colourful and cheery sure to make any recipient smile with joy.
If you visit my blog and are not already taking part in the Digi of the Month challenge I would urge you to pop over there. Kris' images are really lovely and you get so much in each pack. You can buy this one at the reduced price and away you go then.
Card Details -
Size - 6" Square
Embellishments - Epoxy Sticker (Royal & Langnickel)
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #46 Anything Goes with a critter
- 613 Avenue Create - #1 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #132 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #1 Anything Goes
- A Place to Start - 1 Anything Goes
- Alphabet Challenge - U is for Umbrella
- Aud Sentiments - #266 Anything Goes
- Cardz TV - #132 Anything Goes
- CCC Digi Creations - #121 Include a Sentiment
- CD Sunday Plus - #52 Anything Goes
- Cheerful Sketches - Sketch for layout
- Classic Design Challenge - #1 Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals - #46 Anything Goes with an animal
- Crafty Calendar Challenge - Make it Cute
- Crafty Catz - #534 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #199 Anything Goes
- Digi Choosday - #2 Anything Goes
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday - Something Old (Epoxy sticker at least 8 years old)
- Everybody Art - #481 Anything Goes
- Gem of A Challenge - #2 Anything Goes
- House That Stamps Built - #J1321 Anything Goes
- Ike’s World Challenge - #140 Anything Goes
- Imagine That Digi of The Month - Panda Love Drops
- Incy Wincy Designs - Anything Goes
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #137 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #150 Anything Goes
- Pearly Sparkles - #58 Something beginning with P (Panda)
- Penny’s Challenge - #488 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #3 Anything Goes
- Scrapping4fun Challenges - #83 Anything Goes
- Scribbles Designs Challenge - #96 Power of 8 (8 items including the base card)
- Stamps & Fun = Creativity - #381 Anything Goes
- The Creative Crafters - #36 Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Use Your Stuff - #414 Use Something Old (Epoxy sticker at least 8 years old)
- Word Art Wednesday - #475-476 Anything Goes