Today is my younger sister's birthday and I have made her a teepee shaped card using a tutorial from Mixed Up Craft. It is really easy to make but looks fabulous for a special person's card and of course it gives you 3 spaces to decorate.
This card has been made using 2 images from Bring on the Cake Stamps from Kate Hadfield Designs. Due to the triangular nature the pile of gifts and yummy cake are perfect for this shape.
I previously made a paper template using 3 squares of paper 6" x 6". This gave me the ability to work out what size my triangle panels needed to be. I use a graphics program called Affinity Designer and made a template sheet with the 3 triangle panels needed to decorate this style of card. This then gives you the freedom to add your image and type any text, or indeed add any digital stamps as required.
The main image of the cake has been coloured with Promarkers. I added some Stickles glitter glue to the icing and some pink twisted bugle beads for added dimension. The background has been coloured by using Spectrum Noir Glitter Markers and a waterbrush. I scribbled a small amount of the purple and pink pens onto a palette and gently added dots to the background. The shimmer is very delicate but definitely sparkly.
The second image is the pile of gifts. This has been coloured with Promarkers again. I added a gold gel pen around the ribbon. The glitter markers have been used to add shading to the gifts and again to create the background. I added some orange dots as well as the pink and purple to match the colours in the gifts. This side is where the velcro dot gets added to seal the card so the triangular panel is a little shorter at this side.
The final side has been made using 2 of the images from the Party Monster Stamps set. I used the cute fuzzy monster and added the striped hat with the fuzzy pom pom on top. I added a sentiment by typing in the text. He looks like he wants to give a big hug so this is what I based my sentiment on.
This again has been coloured with Promarkers and the glitter markers. The background has green pen added to match the eyes and teeth.
When I made a card in this shape before I realised that very quickly the 'feet' that the card sits on looks tatty in no time at all. This time I used a corner rounder punch and that has made a massive difference to the finish and looks so much neater. I added some silver peel off stickers to the bottom edge around all sides.
Due to Covid I have not seen my sister since her birthday last year. She and one of my nieces work at a care home and they have had to be very careful not to infect the residents. Also she lives some distance away 60 miles/1.5 hours each way which is a definite no no with the current lockdown. This cute little monster will be the only way I can give her a hug at the moment.
Card Details -
Size - Fits into an A5 Envelope
Colouring Medium - Promarkers, Spectrum Noir Glitter Markers, Gold gel pen
Embellishments - Bugle beads, Stickles Glitter Glue, Peel off stickers, velcro dots
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create - #1 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #132 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #1 Anything Goes
- A Place to Start - #1 Anything Goes
- Art Impressions Stamps - #300 Celebrate
- As You Like It - Favourite colour duo (pink and purple for female cards, can use so many different shades and make project bright or subtle)
- Aud Sentiments - #266 Anything Goes with a sentiment
- Cardz TV - #132 Anything Goes
- CCC Digi Creations - #121 Include a Sentiment
- CD Sunday Plus - #52 Anything Goes
- Ching-Chou Kuik - Happy Happy Happy (Birthday)
- Classic Design Challenge - #1 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #2 Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge - #1 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #535 Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #203 Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #28 Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Cottage - #136 Must Use a Digi Stamp
- Creative Fingers - #200 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #207 Always Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday - #670 Birthdays
- Daisy Chain Challenges - #48 Happy Birthday
- Digi Choosday - #3 Anything Goes
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday - Something Old (Pink Bugle beads at least 10 years old)
- Everybody Art - #481 Anything Goes
- Gem of A Challenge - #2 Anything Goes
- House That Stamps Built - #J2021 Anything Goes
- Ike’s World Challenge - #140 Anything Goes
- Incy Wincy Designs - Anything Goes
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #137 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #150 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #54 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap - #141 Anything Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #45 Anything Goes
- My Time To Craft - #449 Glitter & Sparkle
- Passion For Markers - #575 Anything Goes
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge - #178 Anything Goes
- Pearly Sparkles - #58 Something beginning With P (Pink, Purple, Parcels)
- Penny’s Challenge - #488 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #3 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #412 Anything Goes
- Scrapping4fun Challenges - #184 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Make Your Own Background
- Simply Create Too - #166 Favourite Colour Combo (Pink & Purple for female cards)
- Stamps & Fun = Creativity - #381 Anything Goes
- The Crafting Challenge - Anything Goes
- The Creative Crafters - #36 Anything Goes
- The Fairy & The Unicorn - Anything Fantasy Goes (little fuzzy monster)
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Time Out Challenges - #179 Inspired by what I love (making special cards for family, colouring stamps, experimenting with fancy folds)
- Use Your Stuff - #414 Use something old (pink beads were from a show at NEC at least 10 years ago)
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #1 Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #475-476 Anything Goes