If you have taken part in the previous month you get a new image to play with.
This month we were given Sugar IMG 242 from Oddball Art Co. You get a zombie version and this one I used which is the cute version.
I coloured the image with Promarkers and added some shading with coloured pencils to the hair and her top. I used a sakura metallic glittery gel pen to put some eyeliner around her eyes. She has a sad, melancholy look to her face and I felt the eyes drawing you into the image. I used a fine black pen to accentuate the eyelashes more. I had already printed out the image to use but decided to do something different with it so I fussy cut around it so I was free to place on a different project than intended.
I found this super sentiment in my digi stamps from Bross Artful Designs. Tracey's blog is not available at the moment and her Etsy store still exists but is not trading at the moment so I do hope all is okay with her. Goodness knows 2020 has been a very strange year and has affected lots of people in so many ways 😟
I printed the sentiment in a large rectangle so this gave me the space to place Sugar underneath. I coloured the stars with different shades of blue and added Stickles glitter glue. After all with that sentiment it would have been criminal for it not to sparkle!
I used some chalks from Pebbles Inc. to add some subtle colour around the sentiment and Sugar. I then added some silver peel off snowflakes to make it more Christmassy.
Silly Sugar is going to freeze wearing a sleeveless top at Christmas. Reminds me of a Christmas do in Broad Street in the middle of Birmingham a few years ago. We went to a nightclub and when we came out was snowing quite hard. I was really, really glad I had a long warm coat on. There were so many young girls on a night out with no coats, totally not dressed for snow and tottering about in heels so high I would definitely have fallen over on my bum LOL Maybe that is why Sugar looks so sad, she's freezing!
Anyhoo, I digress..... The base of the card is a sheet of A4 navy blue iridescent card. I have added a blue embossed card with silver foiled stars on it. I have had that card for many, many years and normally I would think is too good to use but I am not getting any younger and have so much 'good' stash I thought I really ought to use it.
The image is matted onto some more of the navy card and mounted on some foam squares. I added some stars that have been die cut from holographic card. I used some star shaped brads and these are threaded through the card layers and 3d foam squares to make sure they are securely held in place.
Although I hadn't originally intended to use the image this way I am really happy with how it turned out and that is another Christmas card in the bag.
Card Details -
Size – A5
Digital Sentiment – freebie from Sparkle All The Way by Bross Artful Designs (Etsy store not currently open)
Dies – generic star dies (magazine freebie)
Colouring Medium – Promarkers & Arteza pencils, Sakura blue metallic glitter pen, Pebbles Inc Chalks
Embellishments – peel offs, Stickles glitter glue, star brads
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create - #238 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #126 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #10 Anything Goes
- As You Like It - Favourite colour to pair with blue. (Blue and silver for Christmas cards. Love the crispness of the silver and mixes with so many shades of blues)
- Cardz TV - #126 Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #10 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #41 Anything Goes
- Craft Rocket Challenge - #75 Add Sparkle
- Crafting Happiness - #69 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #524 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #52 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #197 Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #25 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #195 Anything Goes
- Creative Sketchy Girls - #53 Christmas / Winter
- Crimbo Crackers - #218 Anything Goes Christmas
- Digi Choosday - #42 Anything Goes
- Fab ’n’ Funky - #499 Christmas
- I Love Promarkers - #421 Anything Goes
- Krafty Chicks - #530 All Occasions
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #144 Anything Goes
- Little Red Wagon - #572 Things beginning with B (Blue, Brads)
- Merry Little Christmas - #27 Anything Goes Christmas
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Passion For Promarkers - #565 Die Cuts / Punches
- Penny’s Challenge - #482 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #42 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #406 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Layer It Up
- Sweet Stampin’ - Girly but no pink
- The Creative Crafters - #33 Anything Goes
- The Library Challenge - #70 Inspired by title Girl, Woman, Other
- Word Art Wednesday - #462-463 Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes (4th Entry is an Oddball Art Co. Image)