It is time for another challenge for Team B at Through The Craft Room Door
The Sponsor for this challenge is Stamp On It and they have a prize for the lucky winner.
As a store they have several collections that they sell both physical stamps and digital.
I have been making a lot of Christmas cards recently and my go to colour schemes are red/green or blues. I decided to do something a little different with this card. The sketch I used for the layout is from the current challenge at Daisy Chain Challenge. I rotated it and stretched it to fit a rectangular card.
I started off with the patterned paper with deer on it and used the colours of aqua, turquoise and kraft. The card base is a sheet of A4 white card. To this I have added a layer of a darker shade of aqua card. The deer paper is from a 6x6" pad Christmas Blues by Dovecraft. I matched up with a glittered snowball paper which is from Let It Snow also by Dovecraft. Both papers are very, very old.
The image has been coloured with Promarkers to match the colours from the papers. I decoupaged the reindeer and bow and mounted in foam squares for added dimension. The deer has been matted onto kraft card on thinner foam pads so it made it not too thick. The die is Classical Frame from Crafter's Companion. It is one of the very first dies I ever bought from them....
Following the layout of the sketch I added a scrap of ribbon and some snowflakes I assembled with different layers. The top one is s Sizzlits Cut n' Emboss die with a snowflake on top that was rescued from and old Christmas card. The aqua snowflakes are pre-printed die cuts but I have no idea where they came from, probably a magazine freebie. The shiny silver one is an embellishment that was from a Christmas decoration I got from the poundshop years ago. I took it apart and there were different colours and beads as well, all added to my stash. Finally the white ones are funky foam shapes that I had a long time ago. The sentiment has been recycled from a shop bought card.
Our challenges at Through the Craft Room Door are always Anything Goes so easy to enter. I hope you will join us.
Card Details -
Size – A5
Papers – Christmas Blues 6x6” & Let It Snow 4.5 x 6.5” pads by Dovecraft
Colouring Medium - Promarkers
Embellishments – Ribbon, various snowflakes
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #43 Anything Goes With A Critter
- 613 Avenue Create - #238 Anything Goes
- ABC Christmas Challenge - V is for Vixen (or other reindeer)
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #126 Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #10 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #40 Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #10 Anything Goes
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #573 Anything Goes / Christmas
- Craft Rocket Challenge - #75 Add Sparkle
- Crafting Happiness - #69 Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals - #43 Anything Goes with an animal
- Crafty Catz - #523 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #52 Anything Christmas Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #197 Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #25 Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Cottage - #133 Spooky or Cute
- Creative Fingers - #195 Anything Goes
- Creative Sketchy Girls - #53 Christmas or Winter
- Daisy Chain Challenges - #46 Sketch for layout
- Digi Choosday - #42 Anything Goes
- Dragonfly Dreams - Spooky and/or cute
- I Love Promarkers - #421 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #144 Anything Goes
- Merry Little Christmas - #27 Anything Christmas Goes
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Passion For Promarkers - #565 Dies or Punches
- Penny’s Challenge - #482 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #41 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #406 Anything Goes
- Scrapping4fun Challenges - #177 Use a Digi & a 2 word sentiment
- Scribbles Designs Challenge - #93 Feature a Creature
- Sisterhood of Crafters - Lots of Layers
- The Creative Crafters - #33 Anything Goes
- The Library Challenge - #70 Inspired by the colours of Eleanor Oliphant book cover
- Unicorn Challenge - #59 Anything Spooky or Cute
- Word Art Wednesday - #460-461 Anything Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #10 Anything Goes