I chose Jingle and used a free image Christmas Stocking that Beccy has generously provided on her freebie page.
I used the current sketch from Outlawz for the layout of the card.
The image has been coloured with Promarkers and highlighted with a white gel pen. I cut around this and mounted onto 3D foam.
The card blank has been covered with dark green cardstock. The holly paper is leftover scraps from a project I made last week. The red and gold panel has been recycled from a Christmas card I have received. The gold card is embossed with stars and I have rounded the corners with a punch and added star gems.
The green sentiment panel has the word Jingle which has been recycled from an old Christmas card. It is die cut and already mounted onto 3d foam and I adhered this using glossy accents and added a gold gem to the i. This panel has the corners rounded and a gold gel pen used to add faux stitching.
Finally to add a bit of whimsy I added some cute little jingle bells knotted onto a silver thread. I loved shaking the card when it was finished.
I hope this card demonstrates how many great supplies you can find on cards you receive. I first started making cards many years ago. At that time there were so few things you could buy specifically to make cards that it made to look at things around you that you could use to make cards. I have always been thrifty and keep things that could be added to my card making stash.
These days with recycling being so important to the environment I see this as being more important than ever to not throw things away that can be repurposed.
Card Details :-
Size - 8" x 8"
Tools - Promarkers, Flexmarkers, white & gold gel pens
Embellishments - gems, jingle bells, metallic cord
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- A Bit More Time To Craft - #104 Anything Goes
- ABC Christmas Challenge – X is for Faux
- Beccy’s Place – November Holiday Challenge Day 12 J for Jingle Bells
- CCC Digi Creations - #109 Christmas
- Christmas Crafts All Year Round – Winter Clothing
- Colour Crazy Challenge - # 45 Anything Goes
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #535 Christmas
- Crafty Catz - #483 Anything Goes
- Crafty Friends - #123 Christmas
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #464 Anything Christmas
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #175 Anything Goes with Optional Stitching
- Createful Heart Design - #14 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #175 Anything Goes
- Daisy Chain Challenges - #36 Christmas/Winter
- I Love Promarkers - #397 Anything Goes & Faux Stitches
- Imagine That Creative Playground Challenge - #11 Anything Goes
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - #2 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #118 Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Outlawz Festive Fridays - Anything Goes
- Outlawz Sketch Wednesday - Layout of Card
- Polkadoodles - #46 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede – #372 Anything Goes
- Sparkles Forum Challenge - #122 Christmas
- Sweet Stampers - #38 Christmas
- Sweet Stampin’ – All Things Bright & Beautiful
- The 12 Months of Christmas - #59 Anything Christmas
- The Creative Crafters - #22 Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes